2007 OEM Spec's for Mercedes /Dodge/Sprinter

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Specifications for the New Dodge Sprinter

All information supplied by Damlier-Benz Australia
Author R.J.Ferguson- Altered Sprinter

Note: specifications for all models! May not be available for the N/American sector.
Prices are for Australia only

Hi folks here is the most complete up-to-date information for the new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter for all models including the 4-inline Diesel engine and the new V6 Diesel
I will run the specs on the petrol engine in the latter part of this week including diesel which is more specific as to the pdf.

Options as for accessories, will follow later on in the following week of the New year.

Please note all models are now available in Australia in both Automatic and manual transmissions, Gasoline engines have been deleted from the Australian line up of the new models as Diesel is the preferred engine of choice for all imported vehicles, heck even Toyota the Hy-bird of hybrids have a new Diesel engine in the 2006 model line up, BMW are now bringing in Diesel and V.W have captured over 47% of the small vehicle sedan market.
Diesel has proven to be cost effective almost trouble free with long engine life, exceeding by 40% the life span of a petrol equivalent model
Emissions have been halved in the last three years as a result of Diesel engines being the number one engine of choice,as they are considered to be the stepping stone to alternative energy reduction on the reliance of imported oils.
------------
==========
DaimlerChrysler Australia Pacific - News - The new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
===========
DSC00017 (Large).jpg

DSC00013 (Large).jpg
RICHARD:popcorn:
NOTE: whilst looking at the spec's for tonnage look at the 5 ton unit!
Back loaded to 4.9? by deleting loading hooks and interior standard options like rear driver cargo cage.
WHY? same as in the U.S if five ton then Bluetec particulate filtration system must be incorporated to comply to Euro 5 emissions. same as bin 8 regulations for the top five U.S states requiring the higher emission standards.
Models under three ton have the particulate filter system deleted until May 2007:bash:

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Following up date on th new Dodge Sprinter

Dealers are not 100% sure of what to say to customers at this point of time
There are delays, with The passenger version due to manufacturing in Germany concentrating on the primary market, of delivery units.
Media Press Release: FEB 26th Meeting Damlier Benz Germany : Extra ordinary Meeting called to discuss Chrysler's division US for financial re structuring.

PhD Format of what the dealers have at the moment, borrowed this from Zack

very little has changed re information
Richard
attachment.php
Will post in the next week hi resolution photographs of the New LWB units, re rumble strip problems................................................ Resolved
Harmonic balancer....................................Resolved
Crankshaft..............................................Resolved
Flexiplate and Torque converter problems......Resolved
Gearbox and sensor problems......................Resolved
Tail shaft problems on both MWB and LWB.....Resolved
Turbo sensor Issues admitted, no recalls
Dodge Sprinter Flaw in Resonator.jpg
After market fix
Riordanco.com | Publications Catalog
Richard

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Dodge Sprinter prices starting to appear in the US

Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 Cargo Van 144.3 auto manual option
184 Hp 3-00 litre V6

258 HP 3-5 litre V6

Recommended retail price
144.3' Medium height this between the old standard roof and the old hi top version.
US $32.150
US $35.355
extended cargo van mid height roof 170.3' US $37.055
Gas only engine
Transmission 5 speed with overdrive
Authors note: If the above is correct? five speed auto with overdrive! Don't tell me they are running that old box???
attachment.php (JPEG Image, 640x147 pixels) - Scaled (72%)
manual auto option That will be a good one as it's not available on any other sprinter I've heard of in the new generation Sprinters, lets hope it's a mis print and not the Sprint shift 6 speed automatic deleted from the 2006 Model.attachment.php (JPEG Image, 450x456 pixels) - Scaled (95%)
Options limited there so far appears to be no electric option for doors, but early days folks new heavy duty front end suspension but thats normal.
Please accept my apologizes for not updating all details, I'm a little tired at the moment, but I'm sure there will be more news by others tomorrow.
OH yes! Great new color range too
I'd rather wait until Dodge releases the official Dodge web page, as there appears to be wrong information ? regarding auto specifications.
Richard

a137.g.akamai.net.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ipolyi

75 liter fuel tank?

that's only 20 gallons!

would require a 25% increase in fuel economy across all models to match current distance-between-fillup figures

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
75 liter fuel tank?

that's only 20 gallons!

would require a 25% increase in fuel economy across all models to match current distance-between-fillup figures
Long range fuel tanks have been on offer by Mercedes for years on the Sprinter, don't shoot the messenger ask DR Z why it's not an option?:yell:
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
75 liter fuel tank?

that's only 20 gallons!

It'll be interesting to see what we will get here. Seems like a step backwards with that smaller tank. I can't find that tank info anywhere.

Seek

AHAMAYfrank

Ordered03, Owned04, Now07
I was Sprinter shopping on Monday. I had the dealer print me a copy of the standard features and the options page. The third item down on the 3.0 L Diesel model is NFW 25 gallon Fuel Tank.

Frank :thumbup:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
do a search for 75 :) ( in browser, not site )

that sounds good!
Guys the specs are the same as the old Sprinter 75 liters =26 .4 US Gallons give or take a point either side.
Diesel V6 will return 10.7 L/100 per litre about 26 miles to the Gallon US
The Gas V6 will register less with a higher fuel consumption than the Diesel
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Guys the specs are the same as the old Sprinter 75 liters =26 .4 US Gallons give or take a point either side.
Hi Richard,

I guess our conversion calculators work differently here than down under? :smirk:

19.jpg

According to my calculator, it's 19.8 gallons. :idunno:

Seek

ps. Ipolyi, most of the information I found on the web is directly from Australia and what Richard had posted. I didn't find any information at the German or UK websites listing tank capacities. :thinking: I'll keep searching.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Seek The gallons I posted are from your end Dodge it's in the manual and on Dodge sites they all state 26 gallons US and others state 26.4 or thereabouts :idunno:so all I can put in is what I see or know.
Link to the UK price list and information, gee you guys are starting to forget what is already posted
Richard
2007 Sprinter,Build sheet and Prices UK. - Sprinter-Forum.com
There is also a German site but who can read German? the specs are identical for Europe UK Ireland Australasia for the Sprinters, long range fuel tanks 120 litre is an option in the European and British quadrant.
Richard
Up-Dating
One US Gallon equals 3.7854 liters
One UK Imp Gallon = 4.546 litres
UK Gallon is different again as its based on Imperial measurements so that is not used.
One metric litre is universal
either the sites are wrong in the US, or there are two conversions to the US Gallon
Question what does the Dodge Manual say is the fuel capacity?

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Question what does the Dodge Manual say is the fuel capacity?
Dodge says it's 26 gallons for the old version. I know there's room to go up to 30+ gallons if I didn't have to install the SCS Frigette condenser just rear of the tank on the 140. It could possibly be more for the 158.

Frank says it's 25 gallons for the new USA version (length?). The AU sites say it's 19 gallons (75 litres) for the new which is verified from your postings. That could be the shortest length version though.

Since I'm not buying new any time soon, I'm just info gathering and doing a wait and see. I'm a little disappointed still that it's a gallon short, but then we'll soon figure it out in no time that maybe it's actually 25.9 gallons or something. :idunno:

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Dodge says it's 26 gallons for the old version. I know there's room to go up to 30+ gallons if I didn't have to install the SCS Frigette condenser just rear of the tank on the 140. It could possibly be more for the 158.

Frank says it's 25 gallons for the new USA version (length?). The AU sites say it's 19 gallons (75 litres) for the new which is verified from your postings. That could be the shortest length version though.

Since I'm not buying new any time soon, I'm just info gathering and doing a wait and see. I'm a little disappointed still that it's a gallon short, but then we'll soon figure it out in no time that maybe it's actually 25.9 gallons or something. :idunno:

Seek
Seek this is funny in it's own little way! As if we didn't have anything better to do:lol:
I'll double check on My 2006 Sprinter which is based in Melbourne this is the New generation Sprinter imported from Europe[Not Australian]
DCX head office said via an email link, it's 26 gallons one off site in the US says 26 gallons not the official Dodge site. the litre range matches the gallons , say within one half of a US Gallon, so it should be between 25.6 and 26.6 US Gallons?
Frank says 25 gallons, well that means none of us are 100% sure what the new Dodge will be in configuration, if you can understand my point of view from down under, it's funny because the time you get the Diesel model we will have the next updated version of the Mercedes-Benz.
Hells Bells Seek there is politics involved with this on again off again Dodge.No wounder we have so many spiders crawling about the threads, you guys came up with a 100% winner for Sprinter-source.com
Have a great Day
Richard
PS the fuel tank has been relocated in both design and length as to the chassis rails being reset to accommodate the bearing lock down units on the LWB Sprinter, no more shake rattle and roll, from the tail shaft.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Seek
Need a little help on this one.
The old Sprinter has a standard 75 litre fuel tank all three models as a standard retro fit Euro figures and UK and Australasia
The new Sprinter has a 75 litre Fuel tank as a standard retro fit
Optional 100 Liter tank available in Europe this is an option not a standard fit.

3.7854 liters = one U.S Gallon
75.708 liters = 20 U.S gallons Australian metric conversion

Dodge states a 26 Miles to the Gallon, in the original site that ran for two or three years, stating that a six hundred mile trip equals 26 miles to the gallon! My calculations work out to 23.076923 miles to the gallon.
not 26 miles to the gallon. unless there is a reserve fuel content X unknown within the holding tank, that exceeds the 26 gallon mark.

For argument sake, in the thread of how many miles do you get with your Dodge Sprinter I have stated 26 to 27 miles to the gallon in an urban environment, where others have quoted as low as 15 miles to the Gallon, on my last post I indicated a run to Bruny Island prior to Christmas went to just under or over the 20 Mile to the gallon mark, Seek asks how did you arrive at the figure which was fair enough , my calculations of 26 to 31 plus to the gallon are correct, However I made a mistake on the last count because I calculated it based on 26 US Gallons that the Sprinter holds.
Not realizing that the Imported Sprinter from Europe holds a 75 liter tank of fuel which is 20 US Gallons
860 kilometers =516 Miles with three liters to spare left in the tank that equates to roughly 25.8 miles to the Gallon fully loaded, not running with an empty load, or approx 11.944444 Liters per hundred kilometers.
My question is is there a way of verifying the exact amount of fuel the Dodge Sprinter Holds including the reserve tank, my manual on the 2005 313 CDi engine and the 2006 V6 Say's 73 liters with approx eight liters of reserve fuel, I'm not prepared to run a tank of fuel to empty to work it out.
So I'm just a little curious as to how the DCX group arrives at an advertising figure of 600 miles to a tank 26 miles to the gallon based on a 26 gallon tank? it's either a Major blunder in calculations from DCX or a mis print that no one picked up on , or I have a set of calculations thats not working based on liquid volume.
Technically this belongs in the other thread but however it has come up in this thread as to how many gallons does the Dodge Sprinter really have?
I'd appreciate if I could get a little help on this one please.:bow:
Richard
note fuel figures are not 100% accurate as I did not exhaust the total fuel supply conversion from metric to gallons/ based on the theory of I don't know how much fuel the Sprinter actually holds from dead empty?

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Show time For the New Dodge Sprinter well we have the Ram front and rear
Who's the first to purchase the New Dodge Sprinter
No manual six speed so you have two 5 speed auto's! well at least the rumble strip grumbles will be history
Richard.
d7.jpg

dodgew.jpg

sikwan

06 Tin Can
So I'm just a little curious as to how the DCX group arrives at an advertising figure of 600 miles to a tank 26 miles to the gallon based on a 26 gallon tank? it's either a Major blunder in calculations from DCX or a mis print that no one picked up on , or I have a set of calculations thats not working based on liquid volume.
Technically this belongs in the other thread but however it has come up in this thread as to how many gallons does the Dodge Sprinter really have?
Hi Richard:

I've ran my tank down until the amber triangle light comes on and I've filled it to 23 gallons. I'll have to do it again to get a better average, but that's what I remember.

While driving 70mph on my last trip up the Pacific Northwest, my average was 24mpg (actually 23.9mpg). I forgot to do a GPS comparison to what I have on the tripmeter so I'll have to do the check again. Sometimes the odometer is dead on while the speedometer is off by about 3-5mph. I would take the tripmeter reading right at the station and divide that by the total gallons that I had just filled up (no top off).

I just had a discussion with the wife yesterday about driving to Los Angeles. With a 26 gallon tank and running it dry and driving 55mph to net 26mpg, we should be able to drive to LA and back without filling up.

26 gallons x 26 miles/gallons = 676 miles

Of course I would never run it that low and I remember on our last trip, I would always fill up at 520 miles with room to spare with no low fuel light. I think 600 miles is doable.

Seek

chaozz

i generally fill up soon as light starts to flicker.
and its about 23 gallons.
until yesterday the gas station i went to the
diesl was turned off due to to much water in the tank.
and they had yet to clean it out.
so i had to keep going another 20+ miles now the needle
was at the bottom and only took 24 gallons.
and i avg mid 22mpg.Guessing my gauge is off a little
i have never even got close to getting 26 gallons

sikwan

06 Tin Can
i generally fill up soon as light starts to flicker.
and its about 23 gallons.
until yesterday the gas station i went to the
diesl was turned off due to to much water in the tank.
and they had yet to clean it out.
so i had to keep going another 20+ miles now the needle
was at the bottom and only took 24 gallons.
and i avg mid 22mpg.Guessing my gauge is off a little
i have never even got close to getting 26 gallons
I think what you're getting sounds about right. The low fuel light comes on at around 3 gallons (or actually 2.8 according to the chart) left in the tank so you can only fill up 23 gallons.

Driving another 20+ miles to fill up at 24 gallons sounds about right too.

Essentially we have about ~75 miles (if 25mpg x 3 gallons left) before the Sprinter stops completely. It's nice to know that I have roughly ~50 miles, when the light comes on, to drive to the next fuel station. Of course, I would never chance it with the cargo I'm carrying.

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Just a few pics of the dodge Sprinter
seems I had the prices close enough as to no 6 in the thread, must give myself a pat on the back:thumbup:
Surprise you get the automated steering wheel with all the whistles too at the finger tip of your hands free phone
Now I am jealous

Richard

Right Click 6
0702_z+2007_dodge_sprinter+cargo_side.jpg

0702_z+2007_dodge_sprinter+interior.jpg

0702_z+2007_dodge_sprinter+passenger_front.jpg

0702_z+2007_dodge_sprinter+passenger_side.jpg

2007 sprinter prices.jpg

Top Bottom