Autel AP200 screen shots + INFO

marklg

Last edited:

manwithgun

Unknown member
No the one you get from the "Mall" is "Benz_Sprinter". If you choose "Benz", it won't have the Sprinter and they won't let you take it back.

View attachment 116949

They let you have it for 100 years.

The others are $15 a year on Android.

See this thread, post #30 and later:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77033&page=3

Regards,

Mark
I made this exact mistake in hast, and noticed “BENZ SPRINTER” immediately after I committed to “BENZ” for my 1 free install. Sent an email to support@autel.com and they were able to reset my registration within 24hrs and allow me to start over.

The AP200 is proving to be a great little unit. Once BENZ SPRINTER is downloaded with the MaxiAP200 app, you will be prompted to download an additional Diag-Benz app. Owning an 07 Dodge branded sprinter, I have not had success using the auto select features that ID’s your vehicles engine and trans type. Instead, I enter the VIN @ this site: https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check
which gives me the the engine and trans code to be manually selected from the Autel app. I am able to teach-in new/used DPFs and select from different methods of regeneration.

For active live monitoring of normal engine functions, you can select numeric or analog displays (and units) to view on your phone (iOS) while driving. Worth every penny so far, just takes time to establish displays and connect each time you want to view. Too much work for me to setup for every day use (as people use scangauge) but perfect for diagnostics.

EDIT: For my older iPhone, it seemed that I had to have at least 2Gs of available memory to successfully download the Autel apps and BenzSprinter data. Once installed, it takes up around 1.4G for the 3 required items.

Screenshot showing Engine Load %, Intake absolute pressure, and Fuel rail pressure.

Attachments

Last edited:

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
I am able to teach-in new/used DPFs but have not yet figured how to force a manual regen.
Just want to understand... the manual regen selection is in the same menu with the teach-in functions. Are you saying that you selected the manual regen option and it didn't work?

manwithgun

Unknown member
Just want to understand... the manual regen selection is in the same menu with the teach-in functions. Are you saying that you selected the manual regen option and it didn't work?
EDIT: It was not displayed as an option in one of the menus that I was exploring. This morning I connected and stumbled across it quite easily. There are options for how you would like to perform your regen, stopped in neutral, or dynamic while either driving or on a roller. I had found dpf differential pressure as a live data display but could not locate this time around. I have not had the time to explore all of the features yet. I have spent a lot of time getting denied by an “unable to connect” prompt. In general, I’ve found the most success selecting “Sprinter” rather than Sprinter lll, which seems to favor Bluetec machines. For ecm related stuff, I have to manually enter engine and trans designations since it will not recognize my VIN. Then I am only able to select CDI6 or above where I believe mine is CDI4 (based on VIN decoding by Xentry). I’m still learning this thing and trying to figure which app does what. No formal complaints as I’m sure I’m just missing something. Might be able to play with it a bit more today.

Attachments

Last edited:

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
I don’t remember seeing a manual regen option. Only teach in new/used and “all adaptations” which leads back to dpf teach in. I have not had the time to explore all of the features yet. I have spent a lot of time getting denied by an “unable to connect” prompt. For ecm related stuff, I have to manually enter engine and trans designations since it will not recognize my VIN. Then I am only able to select CDI6 or above where I believe mine is CDI4 (based on VIN decoding by Xentry). I’m still learning this thing and trying to figure which app does what. No formal complaints as I’m sure I’m just missing something. Might be able to play with it a bit more today.
That might explain the missing menu option since the options the unit displays depends on the vehicle it is connected to (or thinks it is connected to.) I have a 2007 NCV3 and the vehicle auto-detect feature doesn't work for me either but I just enter 'diesel' and '3.0L V6' and that appears to be enough to get me going. Under the DPF service menu I see options for teach-in and manual regeneration (although I have never tried the latter since everything is working fine and I don't want to rock the boat.)

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
EDIT: It may be that the DPF is being seen as “too full for regeneration” and not showing the option.

I don’t remember seeing a manual regen option. Only teach in new/used and “all adaptations” which leads back to dpf teach in. I have not had the time to explore all of the features yet. I have spent a lot of time getting denied by an “unable to connect” prompt. For ecm related stuff, I have to manually enter engine and trans designations since it will not recognize my VIN. Then I am only able to select CDI6 or above where I believe mine is CDI4 (based on VIN decoding by Xentry). I’m still learning this thing and trying to figure which app does what. No formal complaints as I’m sure I’m just missing something. Might be able to play with it a bit more today.
I'm only guessing here, but could the CDI6 be for the six cylinder and the CDI4 for the four cylinder? Seems a bit of a coincidence!!!

Keith.

manwithgun

Unknown member
I'm only guessing here, but could the CDI6 be for the six cylinder and the CDI4 for the four cylinder? Seems a bit of a coincidence!!!

Keith.
That makes logical sense and would imply that T1N’s would be considered CDI5? Not sure if that exists. I mention CDI4 because that is what Xentry has identified my vehicle as based in VIN. The Autel does not recognize my VIN as valid, possibly because it’s Dodge?

Attachments

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The Autel does not recognize my VIN as valid, possibly because it’s Dodge?
IT doesn't recognize mine, either ... and i'm Freightliner.

It could be wanting the alternate ID string

Example:
my US-flavor VIN is: WDRPD14435582....
The MB VID is: WDR9036711582....

--dick

Last edited:

manwithgun

Unknown member
IT doesn't recognize mine, either ... and i'm Freightliner.

It could be wanting the alternate ID string

Example:
my US-flavor VIN is: WDRPD14435582....
The MB VID is: WDR9036711582....

--dick
I just attempted this. As a Dodge, the US VIN is not recognized and the alternate VID states that it’s covers too broad of a vehicle range and advises to manually select body/engine/transmission specifics. Using the Diagram-BENZ app under Sprinter and Sprinter lll has produced mixed results but so far ave managed to teach-in DPF, force active regen, and monitor differential pressure. It even monitors swirl valve activity/position, displays which circuit is controlling rail pressure, and allows you to test egr actuation, all common issues with OM642 V6 engines.

Attachments

mzhuk

Just had mine delivered from Amazon yesterday and been going through the old stored codes on my 2007.

Have you guys been able to see at what mileage each code occurred like the way you can on the MD808?

Cheers,
Mike

CactusJackSlade

Is there a list of compatible years/motor sizes (Sprinter of course) for this unit? Even went on their website and did not see a compatibility chart??

In particular will this work (full functions) on my 2016 4x4 3.0L?

showkey

Is there a list of compatible years/motor sizes (Sprinter of course) for this unit? Even went on their website and did not see a compatibility chart??

In particular will this work (full functions) on my 2016 4x4 3.0L?

For $60 you can buy it..........with amazon Prime it’s free shipping. If it does not work, return it.
If it’s defective the return shipping might even be free ?

The other benefit to the forum you can do a complete write up of your scanner experience on 2016:thumbup:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
For $60 you can buy it..........with amazon Prime it’s free shipping. If it does not work, return it.
If it’s defective the return shipping might even be free ?

The other benefit to the forum you can do a complete write up of your scanner experience on 2016:thumbup:
Chances are, even without Amazon Prime it's free shipping ... just slightly slower.

The 2016 would be called a "906" in the model selection beneath "Benz_Sprinter"

models.png

--dickmodels.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of trying one of these. Could this possibly replace the ScanGauge? I like to look at several items while the vehicle is in motion, would I be able to set up similar parameters on a screen and have a display similar to that of the ScanGauge? Obviously I would have to have the app open and on the phone while I am driving...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

marklg

I am thinking of trying one of these. Could this possibly replace the ScanGauge? I like to look at several items while the vehicle is in motion, would I be able to set up similar parameters on a screen and have a display similar to that of the ScanGauge? Obviously I would have to have the app open and on the phone while I am driving...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
The presentation of live data is not the best, in my opinion. Any saved data is not readable by the user as it is in a proprietary format.

I use a different Bluetooth dongle and the Torque app for live data. That app has a way better and customizable presentation. It even saves it for later review and it is in an easy format to read into a spreadsheet and graph.

So, I switch dongles depending on what I am doing. Each app can't use the other dongle.

Regards,

Mark

EBH

I just received my Autel MaxiCOM MK808 and wow , not sure that it is that user friendly.(as I'm from the old school)
It does seem like I have a great toy to play with, till I learn how to use it properly.
I have a 2017 Sprinter and I do the long trips every summer and fall.
My thoughts where, that it may be a good idea to have a scanner, in the event an issue came up.
Has anyone had any experience with this unit? (the pros and cons)
I'm thinking, I may have an overkill here.
Ed

Top Bottom