New Sprinter orders delayed?

HowieIdelson

I just heard form the dealer where I ordered my new van (back in April with delivery scheduled for July) that all special orders have been canceled and I'd have to wait until late August to order with deliver not until Nov.-Dec. Has anyone else on here been told the same?

cvo

Last year mine was shipped from SC, and they lost the van in shipment. It took three weeks to find it at a upfitters warehouse.

dynaco1

Our '19 cargo was ordered in February, produced in late April, assigned a VIN the same day but has not yet been released from factory in Charleston.

Last edited:

battleborn

I'm considering ordering a 2020 van - do dealers know what the options are yet? Or will this be a 2019 order that gets bumped to a 2020 slot if I order today?

According to my dealership in SF, they still have not released the first 2020 allocations to the dealerships yet..... <biting nails> and <drumming fingers!> They were slated to be released by mid-June.

I'm considering ordering a 2020 van - do dealers know what the options are yet? Or will this be a 2019 order that gets bumped to a 2020 slot if I order today?

Yes. The Dealer Ordering Guide is already out. Prices aren't listed, but should be similar. If your 2019 order is running late it will automatically become a 2020 model year.

Top Bottom