front speaker replacement

shevanigans

I put in the Pyles last year (I think), along with a decent JVC head unit and a Rockville 8" powered sub under the driver's seat.

The van sounds like a concert hall from the driver's seat now.

I'm moving, so I can't dig out the specs right now, but if interested, I can figure out what all went in (model numbers, links, etc).
I'd be interested in knowing which model you used. I was looking at this kit: https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rw8carwk10/

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity

shevanigans

I found some Polk DB 402s on sale for $50 and they are pretty impressive for little speakers. Will be adding either 6x9s or some variation of a powered sub for bass but pretty happy so far!

if you get any rattle or buzzing, just add a few dots or a good double sided foam tape, at the edges , was about to get a new head unit & found out the attenna was shot, replaced it like a new unit now

SAM_PGA

I installed Pioneer TS-G1045R 4" 210-Watt 2-Way G-Series Speakers in the front of my 2006 T1N. Had to use metal snips to cut off the speaker tabs and use double sided foam tape to secure in place. Probably one of the easiest DIY speaker jobs I've ever done. Also installed a Pioneer Media Deck from Crutchfield with their harness and new antennae adapter. Amazingly even though my antennae is ripped off (housing still present) my radio signal is better than ever!

Previous owner installed 6 1/2" Infinity's in the "rear", right and left side panels just behind the side cargo door. These are useless unless parked or idle'ing and I'm working in the back. I believe listening to the stock audio was not in the engineer's mind when designing these vans. If I'm traveling between accounts I'll use Beats X bluetooth headphones that I always keep in the van... beginning July 1, Tennessee is enforcing hands free driving so this Beats X works perfectly. GREAT sound too with full seal to block out loud van noises.

My new front and left side 4" Herst sp dash speakers are sooo much better, and I don't miss the center dash speaker at all. I found them when looking on the web for my Pioneer head unit. Having a fold out screen with navigation, and after a decade the rear camera finally has a monitor. MY old cam had to be replaced due to the image being fogged up or just plan old. Cleaning the old lens had no effect on the cloudy image, so it had to go.

The sound is sooo much better than the old Alpine head unit and now I have a flip out screen on the dash. So worth it.

The old dash speakers rattled for the last year and good riddance to them.

Top Bottom