Campaign notice

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Don't have the paperwork here to verify it (RV now in storage), but we had ours dealer-serviced just before leaving for SD last August. I imagine if our 2015 was "on the list," they performed a software update at that time -- but I don't recall ever receiving that letter.

D

Deleted member 50714

It's just me, I am suspicious of everyone and everything, and reluctant to believe a dealership would voluntarily perform the flash, as I understand sometimes flashes can take hours. I could very well be wrong about both. I am curious how many Xentry machines a typical dealership uses.

NOx

showkey

Dealer are paid for all open campaigns and recalls.........there is a federal law on recalls and the dealer is liable and must complete the recall when the vehicle is presented for any service. Service Campaign are slightly different except if the vehicle is out of emissions compliance ?

Suspect this campaign is to address MB’s version of emissions ..........remember those “stop sale” and “holds on new models” a while back.
The real question does the campaign software updates make the vehicle run better or worse as it made to conform to the rules. Many times a service campaign also will include a warranty extension.......the extensions often come later after the case actions settle.

MB and BMW has had a long history of lengthy software updates. Don’t know the current status. Other manufactures update an engine ECU in a couple of minutes.

Years past hybrids had numerous updates to manage battery life etc.......customer went nuts when an update was done ........with out permission ........tales of lost MPG were rampant some valid some not ........That placebo effect is a strong force.

Last edited:

Mickyfin

Mine had its software updated recently when I took the van to there main dealer for a check up. Something to do with emissions software, and being IO have the VW Crafter, which is the twin of the Mercedes Sprinter, it's obvious as to why too, the software was rigged from the factory to show low emissions, which resulted in the National VW scandal.

pfflyer

Both of mine had computer updates over the years but I don't know if it was for this campaign or something else.

D

Deleted member 50714

Years past hybrids had numerous updates to manage battery life etc.......customer went nuts when an update was done ........with out permission ........tales of lost MPG were rampant some valid some not ........That placebo effect is a strong force.
Yes! It occurred with the wife's 2008 Prius.

For the first 5,000 miles, she was all praise about MPG. However, after I took in for the free oil change (the first and last as result of spilled oil and failure to secure air filter lid) and ECU recall update.

Afterwards, and to this day, she complains about the schiity MPG. However, I never told her about the software update.

The placebo effect is an interesting phenomenon.

I am suspicious the update is to erase MB alleged defeat program. I have no data, just a hunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hooligan2

15 August 2016-Had fuel filter replaced at Christopher Trucks, Freightliner/Sprinter shop in Greenville, SC. at 13078 miles. Invoice includes 'performed Campaign 201602007 CID software Update". Did not notice any change in performance.

Top Bottom