Did ARV make another Solar Womp?

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
While watching the latest Humble Road video about his Futon installation he had a panned shot of what looks a lot like Solar Womp at a state campground in Upstate New York about a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TsxwfctpGc&t=53s

I snipped the blurry photo from the video at 0:53. It is different than Womp because it has windows all around and there is nothing on the rear doors. The rest of it sure looks like an Advanced RV job. Perhaps it is Womp reincarnated for more utility. I understand the original owner of Womp sold the van. Here is what he posted on the ARV Facebook Group in May.

"I am pleased to share that WOMP has just sold for an even $200,000. With an original purchase price of $275,000, this should relieve any doubts about the resale of ARVs.. even the unusual ones! I leave it to the new owner to identify herself to the group, but wish her the best on this wonderful adventure."

My guess - this is Womp modified by new owner to made it more practical with windows all around.

Attachments

Davydd

I seriously doubt it is Solar Womp, but it looks like it might be an Advanced RV based on the nerf bar skirts and the back hitch step bumper they use.

Boxster1971

2023 Sprinter 2500 144wb AWD
I seriously doubt it is Solar Womp, but it looks like it might be an Advanced RV based on the nerf bar skirts and the back hitch step bumper they use.

After reading a few more comments on the Facebook group I'm more convinced it was Womp. This is another comment by original owner before he sold it.

"I know many people are turned off by SolarWOMP's lack of windows... so I am happy to share that ARV has quoted me $1200-1500 to install REAR side windows. This would be the rear 48" section on both side of the sofabed.
So for anyone in the market for a used ARV, now the only thing "strange" about mine is the extreme solar and multi-part cooling."

The original owner also replied back and forth with a women on the Facebook group who said she would buy it after it was mentioned that Advanced RV agreed to change the interior free of charge for the new owner.

Edit: I should add that I really hate the way conversations flow on Facebook - makes it hard to following anything unless you are on Facebook every day - which I'm NOT!

Last edited:

Davydd

If that is the Solar Womp it would have to cost a bit to convert. Solar Womp had a back sofa/bed so they would add the rear door windows and both side windows plus the window over the galley section behind the sliding door. Then the lost the split AC hanging off the back door, the extra fuel tanks and the back ladder. I wonder if they replaced the AC with their new quiet AC. The only other ARV of that era would be "Andiamo" with the nerf bar skirts and color but I doubt it would have added the one of a kind huge solar rack.

Facebook can only be managed on a computer with a browser like Safari so you can see highlighted new messages and when they stop. Facebook apps on iPhones and iPads don't cut it and they are missing features. I know. I solely administrate a group of 23,000 members. Facebook conversation flow is by indent from the original post rather than quoting and creating a date and time stream. That's why it can be disjointed.

Top Bottom