200A alternator bolt up if replacing 150A?

pinzgauer

Looking to replace the 150A alt on our 06 T1N passenger.

Given it's part time use as a simple camper, I'd like to upgrade to the AL0817N alternator.

Pics look like it's a bolt up proposition, and car places say it will fit.

But none of the write ups specifically mention replacing a 120/150 with a 200A.

I've ordered it, as I knew if I did not I'd regret not spending the extra $120 to get the extra capacity down the road.

It's been occasionally throwing belts, and had a diesel leak in the small hose near the front of the block (top one of the two 90 degree hoses) that made things messy. (now corrected with proper swedish EFI clamps, etc, and factory hoses)

Now no charging, so I'm guessing either the belt jumps were early warning on the clutch failing on the alternator or fuel on the belt/pulleys caused a problem.

Any input welcome! I've ordered the 200A, so will try it unless someone knows it will work.

lindenengineering

Looking to replace the 150A alt on our 06 T1N passenger.

Given it's part time use as a simple camper, I'd like to upgrade to the AL0817N alternator.

Pics look like it's a bolt up proposition, and car places say it will fit.

But none of the write ups specifically mention replacing a 120/150 with a 200A.

I've ordered it, as I knew if I did not I'd regret not spending the extra $120 to get the extra capacity down the road.

It's been occasionally throwing belts, and had a diesel leak in the small hose near the front of the block (top one of the two 90 degree hoses) that made things messy. (now corrected with proper swedish EFI clamps, etc, and factory hoses)

Now no charging, so I'm guessing either the belt jumps were early warning on the clutch failing on the alternator or fuel on the belt/pulleys caused a problem.

Any input welcome! I've ordered the 200A, so will try it unless someone knows it will work.
OR of course it might simply need a new tensioner and pulleys plus an accessory belt..
Change out the lot at 100,000 miles max/tops.
Dennis

pinzgauer

OR of course it might simply need a new tensioner and pulleys plus an accessory belt..
Change out the lot at 100,000 miles max/tops.
Dennis
Fresh belt as well as idlers and tensioner a bit back.

I do think I'm going to recheck the routing to make sure the last shop did not miss the alternator!!!

Top Bottom