dingo drags child from camper van

This was a serious situation with a child.

Your response by posting that video is wrong in so many ways.

Wrong, but also funny. :lol:

We thought about taking our hybrid camper out west to visit and camp in national parks. Then I read about the precautions needed for camping around bears. A hybrid camper has canvas tent ends that expand the sleeping capability. We love that feature because it allows a smaller camper to comfortably sleep more people and it just seems more like real camping. I'm thinkin' that the bears would appreciate the advantages of canvas too, but for the wrong reasons.

Apparently Dingos like tent ends also. :bash:

:cheers: vic

fosterama

How did your neurons come up with that sick Seinfield episode, Orion?
Twisted!

:popcorn:

Better upgrade to a kevlar penthouse if dingos can jump!

bladerunner

I'm offended........why hasn't this blood thirsty disrespectable offensive thread been delegated by our inhouse moral censors to the DZ??:shhh:

bladerunner

:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
I'm offended........why hasn't this blood thirsty disrespectable offensive thread been delegated by our inhouse moral censors to the DZ??

:hmmm:

Because you misjudge?

In reality the inhouse censors are actually quite amoral.

amoral
/eɪˈmɒr(ə)l/
adjective
lacking a moral sense; unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.
"an amoral attitude to sex"
synonyms: unprincipled, without standards, without morals;

:lol::lol: Yep......and that's why the inhouse censors created the Danger Zone and then even went to the extent of reshuffling it's ease of accessibility??

But wait ..........could it be that you are right and that the inhouse censors are unprincipled, without standards, without morals and that is why they have free reign to reign how they please??

Just askin!

Just sayin!

:cheers:

Perhaps we need to try harder.... :hmmm::hmmm:
I agree.

So I did some additional research. Turns out wolves, coyotes, and even most bears in N. America aren't generally a problem for canvas style campers. They're mostly ok unless you stow food or other good smelling things in your camper... put that toothpaste in the Bear Safe!!! Experience indicates that leftover cooking smell isn't even a real problem, just real food stuff.

Of course the indications are also that it all goes out the window for Grizzly Bears.

I wonder how they got THAT name. :dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm:

For the topic title.
I'm thinkin' that too many people have been too familiar with the dingos to the point that they no longer fear humans. Is wild animals fearing humans really such a bad thing? Do we need them as friends? I continue to be amazed at the many animated movies that portray wild animals as having human traits and appearing lovable. Come to think of it, lovable and human traits might be a bit incongruous.

Back to topic.

fosterama

The late Utah desert rat, author and curmudgeon Edward Abbey warned of the blazing heat, scorpions, rattle snakes, cactus spines and other hazards (no dingos) of that desert environment (mostly to keep the solitude he enjoyed).

I just got back from five days of camping and hiking in the Bears Ears area and came upon a vehicle needing a spendy backcountry recovery from a less known hazard- banana peels:

wheel in ditch.JPG

banana peel culprit.JPG

Top Bottom