Villagio or Vienna

TBH

Maybe I am asking this in the wrong forum. Hope I am not an orphan....but the Renegade Villagio and Vienna look interesting. The closest dealer stocks LTV's and when we were there, they had no Renegades to look at. Going to try again this summer if time permits.
So, anyone out there that can comment? Impressions, experience?

Tom

Dizzee2020

2021 Unity 24MB
I saw a Vienna today for the first time and have seen several Villagios over the past year. I prefer the new Vienna's hardwood cabinet faces rather than the laminates used in Villagios...it just feels warmer and more upscale to me. The Vienna also had leveling jacks vs. stabilizer jacks...thought this could be handy. One thing about Renegades, they have comparatively little OCCC. The carrying capacity of the Vienna I saw today was 715 lbs. If I remember correctly, the Villagios I saw were all around 800 lbs. This is the least carrying capacities by 200 lbs. vs. to other manufacturers.

TBH

Hello Dizzee, thanks much. I think we will still look at them when we get back up to the dealer in MN. Want to drive the LTV and Renegade back to back. Hopefully they will have some in stock. The net carrying capacity in all these units seem to be on the light side.
Thanks again.
Tom

Dizzee2020

2021 Unity 24MB
The LTV Unity's I saw last Monday each had OCCC stickers indicating over 1200 lbs. One was a MB model at 1201 lbs. and the other was the new Flex and it was 1215 lbs. if I remember correctly. The OCCC sticker for the Flex is photographed in the listing at Van City website. They are in St. Louis.

TBH

Had not considered STL as a potential dealer. Distance is a wash for us. We stay with old college friend in MPLS so the price is right. I am still looking at Class A units too.
Only looking at video, the quality appears to be nice on these.
I have not done a whole lot of research on them as yet, but kind of surprised there aren't owners commenting.
Being a Cards fan, I could talk myself into a game too! Like the new park a lot.

Dizzee2020

2021 Unity 24MB
My conclusion after a year of research and inspections is that for mass produced motorhomes, i.e. not counting Coach House, Born Free and other custom job shops, LTV appears to be the best B/B+. Lots of committed LTV Unity owners on that forum's pages. Originally contemplated Class A's. Liked Newmar best. I think we'll be doing more touring with just 2-3 days per destination rather than sitting so smaller MH makes more sense.

Jim Graves

Maybe I am asking this in the wrong forum. Hope I am not an orphan....but the Renegade Villagio and Vienna look interesting. The closest dealer stocks LTV's and when we were there, they had no Renegades to look at. Going to try again this summer if time permits.
So, anyone out there that can comment? Impressions, experience?

Tom
I purchased a 2015 Villagio QRS (two slides, queen in the rear) in December and did a 5,000 mile trip picking in up in California then to Arkansas, down to Texas and back home to Colorado. Drive it around town her in Colorado as my primary vehicle.

Very few problems to speak of. Some minor issues which are going to be fixed on recall or warranty.

So far no major modifications but I did install a stronger door spring on the side door after a gust of wind broke the original, and smashed the door up against the outside camera on the right side punching a hole in the door (fixed by need to be painted). Either be extremely careful about opening the side door in high winds or get a stronger spring installed. A stronger spring cost me less than $20, not counting install.

It drives well although like all Sprinter RVs is prone to rocking when you go over a bump and it takes a bit of getting used to when driving on the highway and a big diesel passes. You get a noticeable push. Just pay attention and be prepared or it.

I would also highly recommended a jump start battery to support the chassis battery. It is a little hard at first to figure out what all the power drains are and I managed to run the chassis battery down three times requiring one visit from a tow truck and a helping hand from a friend with a charger.

I picked a Schumacher Electric 1,200-Amp Car Battery Jump Starter ($113 from Lowe's) and it fired the engine right up. It also has an air compressor and a 400 watt inverter as well as two AC outlets.

If you decide to get a Villagio get your hands on the manual and study it before you do a walk through. The manual is on line at Renegade's site. What you will find you missed will amaze you.

It has a great GPS but the data is out of date. Have not updated mine as yet but that is in process.

Have not decided on solar as yet (but probably will pass as so far I have not needed it) but I might improve the suspension (more for the wind buffeting and diesel push rather than the rocking which does not really bother me).

I also intend to add a Scangauge for obvious reasons.

Once I get those done I should be pretty well set.

The Vienna by the way has a bit nicer materials in the interior built but that comes at a substantial premium. I am quite happy with the Villagio's material fit and finish.

I would also highly recommended a jump start battery to support the chassis battery. It is a little hard at first to figure out what all the power drains are and I managed to run the chassis battery down three times requiring one visit from a tow truck and a helping hand from a friend with a charger.
You realize there's a chassis 'disconnect' right above the fuel pedal?? We ONLY boondock and have yet to have this happen.
Wait 10 minutes after stopping and pull the connection. Days can go by and it'll fire right up when you're ready to hit the road.

luvlabs

The easiest fix for this "problem" is to install a Trik-L-Start which borrows power from the house batteries to keep the chassis (engine) battery charged. If you have solar, this is a no worry install. If you don't, just leave the motorhome plugged in when parked at home.

Top Bottom