where is fuse block 3?

BENDA

Hi everyone my 316 has fog lights fitted, but they don't come on.Looked at manual which says fuse 5 in fuse block 3 is the fuse, decided to check it but can't find fuse block 3.Can anyone help
ben

BENDA

Hi, thank you hkpierce,I had no trouble finding fuse blk 1and2 I also looked under the drivers seat,but no fuse blk 3,page 8w-11-5 shows a fuse blk with 3 columns of 9 fuses which is bigger than fuse blk 1and2 but I can't find any sign of it.I have no fuse/relay blk near the battery,seems the wiring circuits shown in the manual are misleading or maybe useless.If anyone has any suggestions I;d appreciate it.
ben

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Benda missed this one! Question do you have active fog lights. there is a dual headlamp switch on your dashboard right hand side. for front and rear fog lamps it was an option only.
If you only have a single icon switch for rear fog lamps then you do not have front fog lamps. as the headlights have different numbers for fog lamp installation.
Richard
driv1.jpg

BENDA

Hi Richard,my switch has two ikons, top one has two light symbols back to back with crosshatched squiggly lines,the bottom only one light symbol and squiggle,the switch is a rocker with three positions.
benba

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Then the fuse is under your steering column, but you may have a relay gone, and that's on the side of your drivers seat.
If relay is blown ! you need to do a continuity test between relay and primary fuse for voltage.
Richard

BENDA

Thanks Richard, Your blood's worth bottling. I'll have a go at tracing out the relay to-morrow.
again many thanks ben

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yo' a Vampire.:eek:
Ben this thread may help you a tad more sorry I don't have the front fogs 800 dollars per headlamp Australian forget it.
Hope this helps you find your way through the rats nest of confusion.
Rear Fog Lights - Sprinter-Forum Seek as a circut diagram somewhere I'll pm him. he can help you more than I can
PS you have his blood .:smilewink:
4.JPG
Richard

geoffs

2003 T1N 316CDI LWB
Hi Richard,
A bit OT but, where can you get the blank plastic part to fill the switch holes when you remove switches for some reason?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hi Richard,
A bit OT but, where can you get the blank plastic part to fill the switch holes when you remove switches for some reason?
'Benz and pay through the nose or get them from Chirs cheaper and cheaper in the States even .
Dodge. Benz have two different numbers, on these parts..
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
What exactly are you looking for? First it's the fuse block, now it's the relay?

Don't go by my installation. It's all custom because we do not have rear fog lights.

Also, the schematics said that there's a relay, but there isn't. The fogs were run straight form the switch. Make sure you check continuity of the switch too.

BENDA

Thanks Richard for the additional info. Hi Sikwan,sorry about the confusion,story so far;-
I have fog lights, they arn'tworking so I thought I'd start by checking the fuse, manual says fuse is in fuse blk 3 no;5. thats how the chase began,turns out this info is incorrect.Still don't know where fuse blk 3 is,but if the fuse is in the fuse blk under the steering wheel it dosn't matter. Though I'd still like to know where this mysterious fuse blk 3 is.hope this makes things clearer
regards ben

Glennpoz

Does anyone have a copy or a link showing the fuse allocations of the fuse box in the steering column on a year 2000 Sprinter 313

Top Bottom