Autel MD802 Users Group Discussion Thread

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
OK, here is the Autel MD802 Discussion Thread first post to create the thread.

I have one of these, and have used it to identify a specific failed Glow Plug, but not much more.

I can use both the MB and Chrysler sections of the MD802 to access codes in my 2007 Sprinter, but I haven't noted whether there are differences in the modules that can be accessed using MB vs Chrysler.

I can also verify that it accesses all the modules in my 2002 Audi A4, the same as my VCDS (VAG-COM) system.

What do we want to see in this thread?

It says to refer to the service manual. But I can't get a service manual. :cry:
Here ya go Bob :cheers:

MD802 Elite ALL SYSTEMS Manual

http://www.autelstore.co.uk/upload/service/maxidiag-elit-md802-full-system-user-manual.pdf

*Perhaps this manual should be added to 1st post in this thread to help others
20180726 download
View attachment maxidiag-elit-md802-full-system-user-manual.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
I can use both the MB and Chrysler sections of the MD802 to access codes in my 2007 Sprinter, but I haven't noted whether there are differences in the modules that can be accessed using MB vs Chrysler.
There are. The Chrysler menu is more complete (for the Dodge-era vehicles at least.) But the Sprinter menu is laid out differently and has a few advantages of its own so both are useful.

ko4nrbs

There are. The Chrysler menu is more complete (for the Dodge-era vehicles at least.) But the Sprinter menu is laid out differently and has a few advantages of its own so both are useful.
When I used the Chrysler option I was able to find VA Sprinter. I tried it but it didn't work for me.

I'll post details when I get back home in early May.
Bill

flman

LOL, I was posting a screen shot for ko4nrbs.

Any ways I get mode 6 codes on my 2010.

seans

Two requests for screenshots:

- HVAC: Air conditioner data streams? Looking for clutch ON/OFF, vent output temperature, etc?
- Heater booster (perhaps aka Aux Heater): Accessible? Can it read codes or just clear them? Data streams: water temp, resistance, blower on/off, etc?

Thanks in advance!

smiller

Two requests for screenshots:

- HVAC: Air conditioner data streams? Looking for clutch ON/OFF, vent output temperature, etc?
- Heater booster (perhaps aka Aux Heater): Accessible? Can it read codes or just clear them? Data streams: water temp, resistance, blower on/off, etc?
I'm not in a position where I can provide screen shots right now, but both of those modules are covered and include most or all of the PIDs you mentioned and a good deal more. Fault codes can be both read (along with associated data) and cleared, but there is no bidirectional functionality (i.e. you can see if a motor/indicator lamp/solenoid/etc. is commanded to be on/off, but cannot set its state from the tool.)

lindenengineering

That my friends is a code pertaining to Nox sensors and ADBlurr efficiency.
Our friends at Autel don't have the info on the system --so refer to the manual get out --BUT what effing manual?
MB have re-hashed to system programming so many times they can't get the intellectual info to tell you.

That's why you have to use a factory style scanner with programming/ re-learn capabilities.
If you pay MB for the info and the scan tool they will happily give it to you!
Its all about the money and Autel haven't yet found a way to pirate it because it keeps changing!
Welcome to the real world NO cheap rides--but there is a butt for every seat and everyone rides in the USA at a price!
Dennis
Mechanic

D

Deleted member 50714

That my friends is a code pertaining to Nox sensors and ADBlurr efficiency.
Our friends at Autel don't have the info on the system --so refer to the manual get out --BUT what effing manual?
MB have re-hashed to system programming so many times they can't get the intellectual info to tell you.

That's why you have to use a factory style scanner with programming/ re-learn capabilities.
If you pay MB for the info and the scan tool they will happily give it to you!
Its all about the money and Autel haven't yet found a way to pirate it because it keeps changing!
Welcome to the real world NO cheap rides--but there is a butt for every seat and everyone rides in the USA at a price!
Dennis
Mechanic
Looks like some good old fashioned civil-action is needed.

lindenengineering

Well Bob its a case of getting what you pay for!

Its a bit like an electric hand drill for sale at Home Despot.
There will be an array of leccky hand drill as you know, some battery powered, some mains electric powered.

You might select a 3/8th chuck tool which seems just right for your use. Two speeds maybe a reverse feature.
The price point is right so you buy it and use it.

After some time you come to do a job, but you need a 3/4 drill with hammer action to say cut a hole in masonary, or a truck chassis frame.
The drill you bought won't cut it!
You need a professional drill, maybe with magnetic clamp base! Used by those that work in professional trades like construction or a truck factory and is 5 time the price!
At the moment I am thinking of a magnetic 1" broach style drill for cutting holes in truck frame rails at $5000.

The same analogy apples to scan tools!
They are not all created equal and it is up to you the purchaser to know what you want in a scan tool.
Just as with the 3/8 hand drill some tools are fine for small DIY jobs , but sometimes you might have a go at something you have not tried before and need the big Mamma to get it done AND you might need some skill/training in handling a big Mamma!!!:laughing:

Now as to suing Autel, the big three tried that recently claiming they pirated operating systems. Ford was a big player in this, claiming Autel copied their IDS system.
The situation as an outcome isn't clear but from what I have read Autel cleverly transposed changed the main info onto a different operating/ access system and as such is typically not an infringement of copyright law.
However which ever way you cut it the info on an Autel machine is very good value for money and it works fine in many instances!
BUT it comes up short in some tasks!
This Nox sensor problem scan diagnosis is just one of them---there are others many others-- and not just MB platforms either!!
I am thinking of Volvo now!--New models--- overpriced junk!
MB stuff is better !
Dennis
Mechanic

D

Deleted member 50714

You can pay $60 for 24hrs of the manual on Sprintertek. Cha ching :2cents::2cents::2cents:
Is that all!!! I think I'll ride my bicycle more cheaper, healthier, no emissions controls...er at least not yet.

flman

I think I am going to get one of the systems John Shmitt recommends, as I do not need a subscription for a 2010 van and this will be my last MB product I ever own any ways.

D

Deleted member 50714

I think I am going to get one of the systems John Shmitt recommends, as I do not need a subscription for a 2010 van and this will be my last MB product I ever own any ways.
Which system is that? I hope I don't have to buy another car.

flman

Last edited by a moderator:

rjponchione

I just purchased an Autel MD802 to diagnose my 2013. It will read most of the modules but seems unable to access the ABS or ESP module which is what I bought it for. Has anyone tried using it on a vehicle that new? Or alternatively does anyone know how to get the ABS lights to go off after repairing a wheel speed sensor?

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
Have you updated to the latest versions of S/W?

If not, do so, but after copying the original versions on the supplied SD card to somewhere 'safe'.

smiller

I just purchased an Autel MD802 to diagnose my 2013. It will read most of the modules but seems unable to access the ABS or ESP module which is what I bought it for. Has anyone tried using it on a vehicle that new? Or alternatively does anyone know how to get the ABS lights to go off after repairing a wheel speed sensor?
Sometimes some modules in newer vehicles aren't yet covered as the Autel products cover a huge range of models and they give update priority to vehicles that are beyond manufacturer's warranty (since in-warranty vehicles usually end up at a dealer for service anyway.) You have a year's worth of updates included in the price and it's probable that one of those will cover what's missing from your 2013.

Top Bottom