2007 sprinter power vented rear window

Hit The Road Jack

2006 Roadhouse Sprinter
can anyone tell me what exactly is the power vented rear window
option is on 2007 sprinter

thanks
Don't know about 'exactly' but my guess would be electronically controlled rear door windows operated from your drivers seat... tilting outward/inward for throughout air movement.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I agree with Jack. It could be the rear door windows, but then you wouldn't be able order it with the rear window wipers

I was also thinking that it might be the rear most side windows, but I'm not sure whether all the different Sprinter lengths will have the same size windows, ie., the older model Sprinter 140 have longer rear side windows than the 158.

Or maybe it wouldn't matter. :idunno:

Maybe someone from Europe or Australia can confirm.

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I think gerrym51
means side Vented windows at the rear, not the glass cargo doors, section
One the rear cargo windows have options plain glass Heated glass and wipers plus security glass.

In the UK there is no power operated windows that refer to the vented ones at least electric sliding windows vented.
I may be misunderstanding the question! The Dodge site uses another language,as to what The Euro vans have.
However I know the Sprinters backwards inside and out, In Europe there is the crew Cab cargo van that has windows for these,but in several formats two piece sliding or upper widow slide there are many versions.
Dodge is to get a newer revised Sprinter IN Spring, windows are mentioned but nothing to indicate what the revision is for.
Mercedes as all Manufactures out source glass supply to the original manufactures that specialize in glass for vehicles, the only difference to these is Mercedes Has a part number stamped on it.
I have included some sketches of what's available I suppose you could call it power vented but it's by the wind updraft they are not power assisted as such
The company that produces these also make the power fans, cargo dividers etc, and vents for Mercedes.
I also find no reference to the power vented rear window on the Dodge option site under window packages 1 11 111and 1V not that I saying they don't exist it maybe a sales advert need more info.
There are two options for Glass where installation is required.
One: order from factory the glass is vacuumed bonded onto the pre formed metal work.
Two: after market fitting of glass requires the metal to be cut from the frame of the vehicles and a seamless rubber surround is required to hold glass in place.

Thanks Richard
window 1.jpg

window 2.jpg

Last edited:
from gerrym51 again

two vehicle sites that let you price options with vehicles
edmunds an koons both list power vented rear window as an option at
500.00 dollars(us). the dodge site itself makes statements obout
power vented rear windows but no prices. i am still wondering exactly what
it means

gerry

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Power vented windows is part of an option pack electric power sunroof, sliding center widow, rear side window power ventilated REF/No JKG
This may have something to do with the rear air-con that allows fresh air and or heating.:idunno:
Richard

gerrym51 here,

i was sent a message at another website. power vent windows are
the rear windows on each side. a control on dash pushes the back end
of the window out by one and 1/2 inches. ergo vent window.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
gerrym51 here,

i was sent a message at another website. power vent windows are
the rear windows on each side. a control on dash pushes the back end
of the window out by one and 1/2 inches. ergo vent window.
Thanks for the confirmation Gerry! :thumbup:

Seek

LIVEABOARD

REAR WINDOWS open like on reg dodge minivan rear widows they just open up a cpl inches to vent air flow thru rearmost side that is
currently at 2007 work truck show in indy they have 6 different new sprinters here

Last edited:

Top Bottom