Hello

k kling

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been lurking on here for a while now trying to get as much information as I can. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and boy do I have a bunch of questions.

I just bought a new 2010 Mercedes Sprinter for our race transporter. It's the 170" WB high top extended 2500. It's just a blank cargo model now, but I will be customizing the interior to suit our needs at the track and on the road. So far I have installed some 120VAC wiring and am trying to decide on a good roof AC.

I have installed a trailer hitch, but now I need to do the wiring. I have read a couple of threads about OEM trailer lighting harness vs the aftermarket add on set-up. I think I have decided to go the OEM route (unless one of you can convince me otherwise).

So here are a couple simple questions to start off with.
1. Are the Dodge and Mercedes models exactly the same (specifically the wiring harness and connectors)? It seems easier to find websites that list parts for the Dodge, but not the Mercedes, so I want to make sure I am getting compatible parts.

2. Where do you guys buy oem and aftermarket parts and accessories?

3. What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? :D:

First let me extend you a hale and hearty welcome to the forum.

Dodge never sold a NAFTA 2010 model that I'm aware of (that was after the divorce) so I think you may need to be careful to not get the wrong parts. If the ESP, ASR, and other stability control systems recognize that a trailer is connected it will be critical. That said, I'm a T1N owner and haven't kept up with the NCV3 stuff so much.

Have you found this thread? As it started out about the 2010 model I'd think your answers could be found there.

Trailer Harness 2010

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13218

I think your trailer wiring questions better fit in the NCV3 section than here in the RV area, but that's no big deal. Have fun. vic

teamtexas

A Dad owner with a '03
I have a Carrier rooftop ac unit and so far I've been somewhat satisfied. I will cool the van down quickly (even in Texas summers) but it is noisey. I purchased it from ebay vendor and got a great deal on it. It arrived quickly and without damage. The installation was easy and it sealed to the van over the roof ribs. I purchased the heat strip option with mine (which had a factor recall) and it takes a bit, but will warm the van to a comfy level. (Tested in a 27 degree cold front with 20 mile an hour winds).
HPIM1908_1724.jpg
I think I would have liked the shrorter option better, as far as looks.
HPIM1910_1726.jpg
Of course the shorter option is several hundred dollars more :crazy:

Dan

Top Bottom