MB Badging Conversions

boatmangc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>I have just learned that MB part number for the airbag cover found above >is: MA901 464 01 31 This is for the entire cover, star and rubber cover

>This is suppossed to be for the airbag equiped steering wheels.

>There is a source on ebay that is selling them for $55.00. If many folks may >be interested , we could set up a group purchase.

>Cheers,

>Tibor

I don't seem to find any of these on the famous auction site. Any clues? I NEED to off the Dodge stuff on my steering wheel.

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Here is an auction number for you to find the guy. 160091816004

This is part of a set, but he will sell individually. I just bought an updated grill, 316 cdi, plus the steering wheel trim for same guy.

xtraworx

Master Craftsman
I did a Dodge grill to MB grill conversion this weekend.

Maybe its because I like chrome, or maybe because of the posts about difficulty removing the glue behind the Dodge chrome strip, I elected to leave the chrome strip on and cut out a space for the MB star.

With hood up, I used coping saw, following the curve defined by the hood, then sanded smooth. For those who attempt this form of conversion, careful as you cut at the top of the arch because the chrome gets a little thin in that area.

Attachments

Last edited:

AzteK

Blah Blah Blibbidy Blah!
xtraworx, I did the exact same thing, though, I took my chrome header off first (I only put it back on once I found out how bad a job I did taking it off.) Couldnt get rid of the black stuff, so I glued the chrome to the black plastic, traced the circle, cut, sand, re-glued to the hood. Sadly, the glue I used, is starting to wear. I am going to have to look around for the Eraser, and the 3M adhesive remover very soon.

levedr

What I would really like is a flat, glue-on M-B star for the rear, like all the sedans and M-B SUV's have. All of the stars I've found so far have 3 pegs for mounting, plus are ever-so-slightly curved to fit the contours of whatever car they're for.

I have some new 4" flat single center post (threaded) chrome MB stars for rear door mounting if anyone interested. A single hole will need be drilled.

Love your posts guys..been reading for over a year.
Thanks
Darryl

guisar

Has anyone found a source or ebay or elsewhere for these wheel covers? They don't seem to be around- only the tacky sticker kind....

Top Bottom