Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas

ko4nrbs

Scheduled to leave for Florida next Monday. Found diesel running down from the top of the fuel tank. Engine still ran fine. The winter weather, my lack of facilities, and a sore neck and shoulder forced me to take it to a dealer. Freightliner in Tulsa, Ok. had done work for me before but they didn't know how quick they could get to it. Seached the web and came up with Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas in Bentonville, Arkansas.
http://www.bentonville.mbsprinterdea.../service-parts
Their hourly labor rates are $125.00 and they have a very nice shop with a door high enough to get my Winnebago View in (11 feet plus high).

They have pulled the tank and found a bad fuel pump seal/nut and will replace the fuel lines and pump as well. They said the pump looked pretty rough. Sounded like the threads were buggered up.

Parts are on order and may be here tomorrow. Dam my luck!!:yell:

I dealt with Drew Parker, Sr. Service Advisor.

Bill

Last edited:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Not to contradict the shop, but the threads are part of the fuel tank. The fuel pickup assembly just drops in with the seal under it. The large nut/ring goes over the assembly and screws to the tank. I recently just did this job, usually just the seal and nut need replaced. Good luck.

Here is a picture of the pickup assembly installed.

ko4nrbs

Not to contradict the shop, but the threads are part of the fuel tank.
They didn't actually tell me that the threads were bad or that they were on the pump. That was what I took from a brief conversation with the technician. I obviously misunderstood him.

I sure wish I was able to do this job. Do not like having to use a service shop.

My initial experiences with them have been excellent. I'll have to see have the repair goes in the long term.

I don't know how many Sprinter techs they have there. The one I dealt with was new from California.

Though I live 100 miles away they gave me a 2015 Sprinter 2500 van to drive. Has less than 200 miles on it and very quiet. Really a nice vehicle!!

Bill

Last edited:

ko4nrbs

I crawled under the Sprinter with a flashlight and inspection mirror to check out the fuel tank work. Using the mirror I was able to see the new pump, one-way vent valve and the hoses. The pump was indeed new as well as some hoses. The MB crimp type fuel hose clamps were used.

They charged me 4 1/2 hours labor to do the job which included pumping out the diesel. The tank was 3/4 full.

I had decided that I wanted all the hoses and the fuel pump replaced before I got there so there was no pressure. They did recommend that I replace the pump but did not pressure me into doing it.

I didn't care for the cost but with my circumstances I had no choice this time. I did like the itemized report of all I paid for.

I'm happy with their performance.

Bill

flyag1

Not so Bill.

They are my local dealer and care for my 2016 model. I have mostly good things to say for their service and pricing.

ko4nrbs

Not so Bill.

They are my local dealer and care for my 2016 model. I have mostly good things to say for their service and pricing.
I have a 2006 Dodge Sprinter Chassis RV (Winnebago View). They told us they do not work on Dodge Sprinters anymore. Looks like only new ones now.
Bill

flyag1

I have a 2006 Dodge Sprinter Chassis RV (Winnebago View). They told us they do not work on Dodge Sprinters anymore. Looks like only new ones now.
Bill
It's misleading when you post they are not working on Dodge Sprinters, you were requesting service on a modified chassis. I don't blame them for not choosing to work on such a modified rig. Go see Shuler in Fayetteville.

Top Bottom