I'm rescuing a sprinter right now on Instagram

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
(semi) Permanent limp mode. Even if you fix the underlying problem, the ECU has decided that a simple cycling of the key off and on won't reset it.
Finally got it back to the shop but the last video won't load up to Instagram!
And I wish I only paid $400 for that van!

B

billintomahawk

MMS.
I love it.
Nice one.
Nice van.

bill in tomahawk

I prefer the metal tube mirrors on my 2006 as compared to the 2004 molded plastic mounts. The appearance of the molded plastic is less commercial looking, but also less functional. The metal tube units allow more adjustment so that the passenger A pillar/door frame area obstruction is less a problem.

Fed Ex vs plastic mount.

T1NFedExMirror.jpg

2006 Freightliner standard tube mount.

T1NCoarseIn.jpg

:cheers: vic

Added:
Some mirror info is here.
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=472025

Last edited:

trc.rhubarb

Awesome...
I love how these vans can have the entire world wrong with them and yet they keep plugging away when they have no business running at all.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Oh I wouldn't say that... There are some very simple but confounding things that can put these vans on the side of the road.
I just happen to know what can and can't be ignored and how to work around certain things.
The transmission fix I did is only temporary and if I didn't have that diagnostics software, the van would still be stuck in limp mode. I knew the engine ran well and that was about it. I didn't totally know what was up with the transmission, and I certainly didn't know about the brakes!
It was an adventure, and none of it was staged for drama.
I have another one coming up soon that the seller prom ises will make the drive from Virginia back to Philly. I have my doubts, but I'll find out and Instagram it when it happens.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
YouTube videos require so much editing. They certainly have their place and I have a lot of footage to make a number of them, but I just don't have the time to sit down at the computer and edit stuff right now. Those Instagram videos I put up we're over and done with in less than 2 minutes. You can obviously see that they are raw and unedited and they were simple to post. each platform has its positives and negatives, and I'm just trying to figure out what works best for me and for you guys too.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
As an Instagram newbie, how do i access your other videos on this rescue?
(based on silosignal's "I watched all the videos! Keep it going!")
... "all" implies more than one?

--dick

trc.rhubarb

As an Instagram newbie, how do i access your other videos on this rescue?
(based on silosignal's "I watched all the videos! Keep it going!")
... "all" implies more than one?

--dick
Click his name, to the right of the video and all his images/vids will show up
All of these are the yellow van.

I am not an Instagram fan but I might just be too old...and I don't use my phone for that stuff either.

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
Yeah, I hear you "old guys". I'm crossing that line myself (41 years old) and I can remember life before cellphones and email. I think editing is my real problem. I'm doing tons of cool stuff with Sprinters every day, and I've got a phone, but I just don't have the time or skills to put together a slick video worth watchig. Or at least I'm not aware of an easy way to quickly edit them.
I think there's a YouTube live or streaming thing that I can look into. If anyone know about that and wants to give me some pointers, I'm all ears!

cian128

Yeah, I hear you "old guys". I'm crossing that line myself (41 years old) and I can remember life before cellphones and email. I think editing is my real problem. I'm doing tons of cool stuff with Sprinters every day, and I've got a phone, but I just don't have the time or skills to put together a slick video worth watchig. Or at least I'm not aware of an easy way to quickly edit them.
I think there's a YouTube live or streaming thing that I can look into. If anyone know about that and wants to give me some pointers, I'm all ears!
when I get home any video clips i take on my iphone sync over to my ipad, then its < 5 minutes to simply chop and put the clips together in imovie and export to youtube directly

Top Bottom