Water Jugs under Sink 2.0

Re: Water Jugs under Sink 2.1

I made an improvement that I wanted to share. I added a float to each jug to help with filling the fresh and "seeing" when the gray jug is getting close to full.

The attachment shows the parts I used.They work great, but unfortunately you will have enough parts to make more floats than you or your friends will ever need.

Loctite makes a two part "super glue" for bonding Polyethylene, Polyproplyene, etc. It worked to bond the bushing to the jug.

Attachments

Kevsuda

I have a permanent freshwater tank but a 6 gallon grey the same as you. I do the manual to take it out and empty it. But seeing how gross that water and tank can get, I feel it needs to come out for a good rinse and shake every so often. I also get a pretty good whistle going on when running water into the grey tank. Does your drain system vent?

I suspect I'll rinse it out every 4-5 cycles also. When we use the sink for serious dish cleaning then maybe sooner. So far it's really a water supply and light cleaning. The float I added lets out a little air and so far no "teapot" whistle. If it does, I'll add a small hole in the handle.

THE

2018, 144, HR, 4x4
My Granny used to wipe down all the dishes and pots with a rag/towel prior to attempting to wash. Gets all the grease and solids off the plate/pot prior to washing.

To this day, even with a garbage disposal, I do the same thing. ESPECIALLY with greasy/oily messes.

I can imagine the grey tank would be grateful

Top Bottom