TOPPER AWNINGS- 2017 Melbourne 24K

petersrc2

Good Morning

Has anyone installed, (or attempted to install) topper awnings to the Dinette, and Bedroom Slides on the Melbourne 24K?
Since these appear not to be optioned by Jayco, I had asked the Jayco Dealer here to install same.
I was informed ------- "Can't be done". "Not enough room above Slide Facia".,
Disappointed.
Not looking forward to pulling in WET slides.:rolleyes:

Rudy

pfflyer

I haven't gone as far as calling anyone yet but it unless it can be installed on the roof verses the side wall it doesn't look like it. I have seen a picture of one installed like that but can't find it now. In the mean time I bought a collapsible ladder and uses a Ridgid cordless blower that I already have to blow it off before I close it. Can't wait to close it when it's raining.

harmsal

Hi...we had the dealer install a slide cover on our Melbourne 24L. No problem with installation and it works great.

russ10

I just purchased a 2018 melbourne 24k and installed dometic toppers on both the dinette and bedroom slides. I followed dometic instructions as well as I could but I had to get very creative.
In the dinette walls there is no backing in the wall to support the angle brackets(dont ask how I know). the topper only requires an inch or so of pitch to drain so I installed the fabric channel just under the gutter, and it seems to be working ok. On the bedroon slide I removed the gutter and movet it up an inch or so and mounted the angle brackets upside down from what the instructions call for keeping the extension bar at the correct level and just drilled thru the aluminum channel and used stainless hardware to bolt them on. I havent checked yet to see if moving the gutter up interferes with the backup camera. otherwise it seems ok.

pfflyer

I just purchased a 2018 melbourne 24k and installed dometic toppers on both the dinette and bedroom slides. I followed dometic instructions as well as I could but I had to get very creative.
In the dinette walls there is no backing in the wall to support the angle brackets(dont ask how I know). the topper only requires an inch or so of pitch to drain so I installed the fabric channel just under the gutter, and it seems to be working ok. On the bedroon slide I removed the gutter and movet it up an inch or so and mounted the angle brackets upside down from what the instructions call for keeping the extension bar at the correct level and just drilled thru the aluminum channel and used stainless hardware to bolt them on. I havent checked yet to see if moving the gutter up interferes with the backup camera. otherwise it seems ok.
I ended up with Carefree toppers installed at the dealer. If the gutter doesn’t interfere with the camera the topper will.

Top Bottom