Sourcing Stove Valve

sprinterwesty

SprinterWesty Windsurfer
Both of the valves on the stove are giving out. There is a solenoid that is suppose to open up once it heats up and this keeps the LP flowing so you can let go of the knob. I've repaired this twice and once at a maintenance shop. Does anyone know where to source these valves? Does anyone know the model of this Cramer Hobs stove?

Attachments

Last edited:

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
I have found that it is just a poor connection that prevents the valve from working. The thermocouple puts out a tiny bit of electricity and any resistance at the connectors can reduce it so the valve doesn't work. Removing the drawer for access and using some 400 grit sandpaper on the connectors has restored operation on mine.

Correction: right burner will ignite and hold a flame, but only the lowest flame, and while we can see the pin in the valve housing rotating (under the counter), the flame doesn’t react and remains at its lowest setting

MrTomacco

Mr. Tommaco
Correction: right burner will ignite and hold a flame, but only the lowest flame, and while we can see the pin in the valve housing rotating (under the counter), the flame doesn’t react and remains at its lowest setting
Go to a welding shop and buy a tip cleaning tool. It has tiny rods with a rough section used to clean oxy-acetelyene torch tips. Use a tiny torx to remove the cover of the burner and run the cleaner in each hole to clean out any crud.

Top Bottom