Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:40 AM   #21
icarus

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,566 Posts
Default Re: Low DEF False Alarm & Another Really Bad Mercedes Dealer

Some people are overwhelmingly stupid, arrogant, idiotic hen it comes to business, especially in this day and age of the interwebs!

I run a service business that lives on customer reviews. (year round vacation rental) As a result, we do EVERYTHING to make the customer experince positive if for no other reason is that a bad review can kill you! The only recurring complaint we can't effectively cure is the remotes on the various devices, despite the best efforts of Harmony Remotes. We simply tell guests to snag a 12 year old on the street to figure it out. Seriously, we had a guest miss up his departure dante, and he didn't vacate. (but he was out doing vacation things and not answering his phone! We got in the horn with the incoming guest, told them to book a room at the local 5 star hotel on us,and go to dinner on us. The overstaying guest was aghast at his mistake, (once he actually read his contract. In his defense, we normally rent by the week, Saturday through Saturday during peak season, but 3 days in the shoulder and off season. It happened to be memorial day weekend, and he just misread his paper work.)

To make everything right, we simply charged him one extra night, and refunded the incoming guest one days rent. We ate the hotel and the dinner costs, chalking it up to good customer service. The bottom line, both guest left 5 star, glowing reviews, including mentioning how happy they were with the resolution, and in fact, both have been back since, one couple several times. The lesson we learned is anytime we have unusual booking dates we phone the people the week before they occupy to confirm that we are all on the same page, since we are usually 100% booked, and with only one house, have no room to put an over staying guest.

It cost us virtually nothing, but we get repeated benefit of doing the right thing. If a deal is a POS and treats you like a POS, (and you have genuinely tried to resolve the issue, instead of just windging) then yell it from mountain top. The inverse should also be true. When someone performs above and beyond the call, they deserve to be called out as well.

Icarus
icarus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icarus For This Useful Post:
hein (08-07-2015), The_JSM (04-17-2017)
Old 06-05-2015, 04:38 AM   #22
lindenengineering

Thanked 6,007 Times in 3,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_d View Post
Here's the VM for anyone who wants to listen to it. It has been edited to remove our employee's last name.

David Parkhill seems to think he has the right strategy for dealing with online criticism.

Well there you go! --How not to deal with a customer .
How to win friends and influence people.

As a one time zone rep for a once upon a time GM sized truck and bus maker I would have reported his dealership to the head of our service department.
Sales & Service Director Mr Doug J would often say "The biggest problem with this business is Dealers--So true!

I would have made it my personal mission to make sure he & his dealership was on the top ten for a dealer audit. Then watch that big fish wiggle!
This is what I am on about with some of these overbearing big box Euro makes dealers.
Thanks for posting --Now PLEASE send it to MB public relations and put the fat in the fire!
All the best and I mean it!
Warming the cockles of my heart!
Dennis
lindenengineering is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lindenengineering For This Useful Post:
Evil Patrick (06-02-2016)
Old 06-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #23
geneowens1

Well, at least you got a response from Parkhill. I had a NEGATIVE experience at a dealer where I purchased my 2015 Sprinter and my email message to the owner/manager never received a response. A dealership could use a negative report on their staff as an opportunity to make corrections/provide training to employees/assure good customer relations BUT I doubt this happened in this case. My complaint to MBUSA went nowhere also.
I never received a recall notice on the issue [tranny fluid spill problem] from MB but when I read about it here, I called the dealer and made appointment for the fix. They "lost" my van on this huge lot and I had to get out on a very cold day and find it myself or I guess I'd still be drinking their cokes and eating their cookies and waiting - LOL. Funny how pissed off I was that day but I'm OK now. Actually had to think a minute to recall what the issue was after this thread reminded me of the experience.
I have had very positive experiences at 3 other MB Sprinter dealers, however.
geneowens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:38 AM   #24
trz453

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1109 View Post
Hey, please don't let a bad relationship tarnish a products good reputation.
Tell that to MBUSA. MB should go Bobby Knight on the ingrate franchise dealerships if they give a crap about preserving their reputation.

If MBUSA can't take some responsibility for their unscrupulous dealership network, then their brand reputation deserves to go down in flames.
trz453 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trz453 For This Useful Post:
avanti (06-05-2015)
Old 06-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #25
avanti
2014 GWV Legend 3500 I4

Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,176 Posts

The only silver lining in this whole disgraceful story is the thought of Mr. Parkhill reading this thread, knowing how long it is likely to remain here.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #26
CheckMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_d View Post
Here's the VM for anyone who wants to listen to it. It has been edited to remove our employee's last name.

David Parkhill seems to think he has the right strategy for dealing with online criticism.

History tends to show the third generation screws up the family business. Grandpappy usually keeps the family on the track that proved successful. Regardless of family or fortune, integrity and sound business principles are qualities that paupers have too.

This person demonstrates neither. The Mercedes community is a small one, the Sprinter more so. His due will come back to him. Stick to your facts and present the reports from this dealership and the one that fixed the problem to MBUSA. They will not ignore it.
CheckMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #27
CheckMax

Names and faces
CheckMax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CheckMax For This Useful Post:
dodger413 (06-06-2015)
Old 06-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #28
Ivessm
2005 140 HighTop Pass

I doubt this will ever happen but I welcome Mr Parkhill to respond to this thread with his side of the story.

At this point we have Big_D's comments and a quite damning voicemail from the dealership. It seems Big_D has been overly fair in his dealings with this dealership. Let's see what Parkhill has to say.

stew

stew
2014 Long/Tall BLACK Passenger Sprinter, 4cyl/7spd
Ivessm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivessm For This Useful Post:
avanti (06-06-2015)
Old 06-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #29
big_d

Update: Low DEF light + Check Engine light are back - even though DEF level has never dropped below about 3 gallons since the service visits described above.
big_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #30
big_d

Update Again: Stoops found a blockage in a DEF tube and resolved. But now, a couple weeks later, we've got the Low DEF light + Check engine light back again.
big_d is offline   Reply With Quote