Is it possible to fit a 2nd row bench for the Cargo?

derstar

Is there seat mount under the wood floor plank?

Or its not possible?

It would be a great feature/convenience.... if I can put one OEM MB Sprinter bench in it...

Dealer told me he could find somebody fit some aftermarket seats in it, but I worry about it would not be as safe...

Any idea?

So bad here Canada, no stock has the "Contractor Option" which have rear side windows and a extra bench.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
You may (highly doubt it though) or may not have a seat mount underneath the wooden floor.

There might be some cut outs etched onto the wooden floor, but you will have to provide the blind nuts to bolt the receiver brackets to the metal subfloor.

bikergar

I have a crew van which has one bench seat. I have the wells for the second one, but not the hardware. I do have the blind nuts welded below but believe or not the holes are not drilled, so I guess I would have to use a blind drill...:lol:

gary

derstar

Thanks for the quick reply folks, good now i can stop dreaming... :idunno: (Makes me think hard how the floor of my old 04 Wagon looks...)

Here we go from the brochusre... "CREW VAN GROUP — Includes Window Group I, 3-passenger 1st-row rear bench seat, Passenger Van floor"

hmmm, maybe upgrade the front passenger seat to a 2 seater bench like the cab? Still get one more spot for any unexpected passenger in the middle :hmmm: Any body thought of doing that too? wonder does the middle seat have a huge metal base like the two front seats. Or another dream waiting to be kill? haha

Maybe higher chance this time? Since it is an option "— Dual front-passenger (includes interior assist handle) (not available with luxury bucket seats or Crew Van Group) O O O O O O O O"

Well, too bad for people who drives crew van or those with luxury bucket seats. :smilewink:

Last edited:

It really is a great idea and very well executed. Far too good for the cheap tricks area (if that's any kind of compliment?). He did a very good job looking at the installation from a different angle and applying a unique solution to keep long storage low in the van. AP
Bart you should put a patent on that seat mount setup:rad: or sell the blueprint for it.:smilewink:

bart

Hi Christian,

Can you show, or describe how the seat brackets are fastened through the floor? When I started looking at mine, it looked like the L-track was right above the frame rail, making through-bolting difficult.

Thanks,

Bart

ChristianQc

Under the wooden floor, the sheet has a shape specially for receiving the seat brackets to mount a bench of 2 or 3 places. The brackets adjust easily to the shape of the shaped rail. These are rail throughout the length of the vehicle that allowed me to position the seat where I wanted. I'm sorry, I have no photos of the assembly.
I thing that some sprinter do not have special floor to receive seat brackets.
I hope I can help you
Christian from Quebec

twistyroad

Under the wooden floor, the sheet has a shape specially for receiving the seat brackets to mount a bench of 2 or 3 places. The brackets adjust easily to the shape of the shaped rail. These are rail throughout the length of the vehicle that allowed me to position the seat where I wanted. I'm sorry, I have no photos of the assembly.
I thing that some sprinter do not have special floor to receive seat brackets.
I hope I can help you
Christian from Quebec
Here's a look at the metal floor that's under the wood...

MySprinter_20080615_10sm.jpg

derstar

Christian,

What year and model is your Sprinter?

I'm in Toronto and come to Montreal 2-3 times a week, maybe we can meet :cheers:

I just got quoted from dealer this afternoon, the 2nd Row Bench is $6500 CANADIAN. The lady suggest "just upgrade/change a wagon". :bash:

Where did you get yours? and how can you set the proper location to install the seat mounts? (the left side mount is resting on the latching rails?)

Last edited:

gazor

Christian,
did you buy the seat from a dealer ? if so which one?
I got quoted $5800 CAD for a 3 seat bench from a dealer in Edmonton, AB.
Looks like to get a full set it would cost just as much as the car itself.
Paid $45000 for a 2008 3500 170 ext, MSRP was $63800 , there are some good deals out there now, dodge is trying to get rid of whatever stock they got left.
Thanks for reply, Jack.

72chevy4x4

I have mounted seats in vehicles for which they were not intended and I'm still alive to tell about it...use a 1/8" plate on the underside to distribute the force and a grade 8 bolt, lock washer and nut. My last 'installation' was a set of 04 full power/leather seats in an old Suburban. For those considering installation of extra seating, you could look into 3rd row seating from a suburban/tahoe-find one at the junk yard and take a torch/grinder and cut out the mounting brackets-with a little sweat equity, you can get a seat setup for less than a few hundred bucks with the downside that it's not going to be factory.

gazor

I'm slowly leaning towards an aftermarket setup. You can get nicer / reclining seats for much less money.

hmmm, maybe upgrade the front passenger seat to a 2 seater bench like the cab? Still get one more spot for any unexpected passenger in the middle :hmmm: Any body thought of doing that too? wonder does the middle seat have a huge metal base like the two front seats. Or another dream waiting to be kill? haha
Is this what you're looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The auction ends in 21 hours (but I've seen it before).

Hi Christian,

Can you show, or describe how the seat brackets are fastened through the floor? When I started looking at mine, it looked like the L-track was right above the frame rail, making through-bolting difficult.

Thanks,

Bart
Is seat removal using clips and levers important? If not, you might add fasteners to the L track in the seat area, bridge the L track with C channel and mount another brand seat to the channel. They use L track to fasten seats in commercial airplanes.

Stud clips are available.

fe200744.jpg

FE200739_th.jpg

http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/catalog/?product=226

Just another possible way of doing it. AP/vic

Top Bottom