damn the dealer in huntington beach, ca poor workmanship

so i take my 04 sprinter in for a scan read/diagnosis, i'm having black smoke and loss of power, tell them i'm getting no boost and think it may be the turbo actuator, and an intermittant traction control blink, no mil light but i ask for the drb3 scan printout. That's all i wanted a drb code read print out.

they said it would take a day.....3 days three later, i get handwritten notes, open line to maf, no. 4 glow plug and replace boost sensor. I get no printout of codes? no actuator test per requested? no traction test per requested?
this is the clincher though.
I pop open my hood and i see this...

my wireing harness has been chewed up and shottily taped up. visible wires and electrical tape falling off.
my egr wire loose and flopping around, not tied back into the wireing harness.
i go to take off my air cleaner and the clamps are loose on both the air cleaner inlet and the turbo inlet side of the hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unbelieveable. I don't reccommend Huntington Beach Dodge. a total diasater. low quality control, doesn't even deserve one star.
so after putting my van back together i call up the dealer to complain, they say, " our technician has been sick and that we'd be happy to take care of it." I said you guys are a joke.

Attachments

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
so i take my 04 sprinter in for a scan read/diagnosis, i get handwritten notes, open line to maf, no. 4 glow plug and replace boost sensor. I get no printout of codes?
The DRBIII has no print function capabilities. Handwritten notes are all you can hope for. Doktor A

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
My experience is not quite so drastic, but I was surprised to find household replacement hose clamps on the oil filter and marks from a plumbing wrench on the plastic oil filter housing.

I bought my T1N from HB Dodge and had been getting my oil changes there.
It was their prices however, that made me stop going there...

$400 for an oil change
Quoted $1000 for a brake job replace pads and disks on all four wheels.

too rich for my taste

Cheers
George

Mrdi

George,

Huntington Beach Dodge is a long way from Bakersfield.
Where are you going for service now?
I live in Huntington and will be needing service in the near future.

Last edited:

catalina38

I have used them a couple of times this year for resonator and radiator replacements and to repair the espar heater booster. All under warranty.
They seemed very familiar with sprinter issues. I was very satisfied

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
George,

Huntington Beach Dodge is a long way from Bakersfield.
Where are you going for service now?
I live in Huntington and will be needing service in the near future.
My work takes me to LAX and SNA on a regular basis...
ASSIST means it's not that often I have to go.

DIY...
There is so much good detailed information on this site, I finally took the plunge.
That, plus the bulk of my conversion effort is behind me.

You might be able to hit up Fletcher Jones soon but it won't be cheap ;-)

Cheers
George

thanks for the consolation, had to blow some smoke off.
still zoning in on my black smoke/ low boost issue. put in new boost sensor, air temp sensor, brake switch, (oddly, now i have the three lights popping up asr, abs/small tire) will have to install old one to check. awaiting maf off ebay.

Mrdi

So where can we go here in the huntington, Newport Beach area to get
"gOOd" service for the Sprinter?

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
What was bad? I feel I got good service.
The fact that it took three days just to get round to the work wasn't too bad.
They gave me 20% off retail for replacing the fan blade they broke.
I only had to go there three times to get back on the road.
I can get mechanic's discounts at my local dealer, these guys charged me full retail. No professional courtesy.
But they did the work right and I got back on the road with a lighter wallet.
The other options were quite a drive inland.

hunghua

MAXIVAN
In terms of local service, I have been taking my Sprinter to Tuttle Click in Irvine Auto Center. I don't know how much longer they will be providing service, but they do allow me to bring in my own parts and oil which I appreciate. It also saves me quite a bit as their parts are very expensive, more than mercedes last time I cross referenced a filter. They did forget to reset my maintenance reminder last time, but no leaks or other issues from the 2 oil, fuel filter changes that I have completed. I am overall happy with their service, plus they always get me a rental car with my chrysler extended warranty.

Top Bottom