NCV3 Sprinter Van Axle assembly Interchangeability

aCab

Hi All,

I recently lost the rear axle in my 3500 DRW 2011 Mercedes Sprinter. The whole thing is trashed, so it's cheaper and easier to put in a used one out of a junkyard. I'm having trouble finding parts interchangeability between years.

I'm fairly certain the 2010-2013 DRW axle with the proper gear ratio will bit, but what about the 2007-2009 Dodge and Freightliner vans? What about the 2014+ Mercedes Sprinter van axles? I can't find a clear answer on what actually will fit and what will not.

Any help is greatly appreciated as it will help my search go a little easier.

Thanks!

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
To my knowledge all 2007-2018 NCV3 duallys have the same rear axle, MB, Freightliner and Dodge, Dodge has different part #s but same part
How does one ruin a rear axle anyway ?

aCab

To my knowledge all 2007-2018 NCV3 duallys have the same rear axle, MB, Freightliner and Dodge, Dodge has different part #s but same part
How does one ruin a rear axle anyway ?
To the best of my knowledge, I picked up a piece of tarp material somewhere in my travels and it got wrapped around the front yoke and driveshaft. It proceeded to get twisted around the yoke, burned up, and took out the front pinion bearing. After that bearing was done, it created a lot of heat, vaporizing the fluid pushing it out the breather vent hose. Once enough of the fluid was gone, it spun an outer bearing and trashed everything inside the housing. :(. Expensive fix it seems.

4wheels

Does anyone know if rear axle internals on 2500 SRW Sprinter are the same for all years ? 2008- 2018 , with same axle standard ratio. I know that housing looks smaller on 2014+ .

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

4wheels

Don't want to open new thread , but need to ask , maybe someone knows if 2012 axle and leaf springs will fit to 2014 . Both 2500 and same axle ratio

4wheels

Answering my question - yes it does fit. Don't even need to adapt speed sensors
2014 axle looks like a toy , compared to 2012 , and 2012 has a magnet on drain plug.
Anyone knows torque specs for drain plug?

Last edited:

Top Bottom