ECU - auto transmission to manual

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
If you are desperate, you can use a piece of stiff wire to hold the turbo actuator in the mostly full position. Just be aware that you may overboost a bit, and could pop an intake hose off.

kaye

the bit of wire thing has got me thinking,, how many psi does the boost pressure reach at maximum pressure , if I fit a pressure reliefe valve in the boost pipe somewhere , if I can get a adjustable one , then just fasten actuator where it seems to be working as near as , in theory it will just blow off and not cause damage , ,, but the question is if the brain thinks there is something wrong does it just interrupt boost pressure or does it regulate fuel as well , as it is now it does not seem to interfere with fuel , and it will rev to 4k and a bit ,, I am a bit reluctant to take it to merc people as they want me to leave it with them and wont let me stay with it ,, I don't want an open cheque book situation its a old van and I have put enough into it already ,, whats your thoughts,, Andy,,

kaye

just to add its a camper van otherwise I would not have bothered fitting a replacement engine if it was just a van ,,

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I would get it scanned, and fixed if reasonable. The turbo control allows for quick spool up, good fuel economy, and prevents lots of odd behavior.

In theory you could fit a boost control valve to bypass compressed air back to the intake side (waste gate style). You may get some odd behavior, hard to tell as I have never seen it done.

Fitting a vacuum gauge just before the turbo control solenoid may prove useful.

kaye

will try to get them to scan it while I am there then I at least have a idea what it needs to fix it , will keep posted of progress ,,

Top Bottom