I love Motorcycles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been honored to visit in person, see, touch, and photograph both Paul Smart's '72 Imola 200 race-winning 750 Desmo twin, and Mike "The Bike" Hailwood's '78 Isle of Man Formula-1 race-winning "comeback" 900SS at the Ducati museum in Bologna Italy.

patineto

Personally I have many favorites, mostly do to the technological achievement, the complexity of manufacturing, who is riding it, I don't really care..

Moto Guzzi 500cc V-8 14.000RPMs and reach 185mph, just look at those freaking tires and imagine the effects of the airflow on the dustbin fairing..

Few more Pictures

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Them hoodlums need to take that Shlt (need for speed) to the Racetrack and off of the street.

Last edited:

patineto

Did you know that at one point the four big motorcycle companies from Japan where running their gran Prix bikes on the same Perimetral frames made by the same Spanier designer

Antonio Cobas

The evolution is that I consider exiting..

Did you know that at one point the four big motorcycle companies from Japan where running their gran Prix bikes on the same Perimetral frames made by the same Spanier designer

Antonio Cobas

The evolution is that I consider exiting..
Well, they may not have been the same frame, but they all used frames designed by Cobas anyway...

patineto

Well, they may not have been the same frame, but they all used frames designed by Cobas anyway...
Of course they where different configurations do to the engine dimensions and mounting options, etc..

But can you imagine how much better they where if the Japanese need to eat their pride and run them..

Of course they where different configurations do to the engine dimensions and mounting options, etc..

But can you imagine how much better they where if the Japanese need to eat their pride and run them..
That doesn't have anything to do with it. That's why almost everyone runs Swedish suspension. That's why almost everyone ran French tires for many many years in Grand Prix racing. They've also run tires from England. And they'd run tires from Italy if there was a competitive advantage. They're just looking for the fastest, and don't care where it comes from.

I kind of feel the same way. When it comes to choosing a motorcycle to race, I have absolutely no brand preference. I have owned Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and MV Agusta motorcycles. My last race bike was a Yamaha R1, simply because they were paying $2,000 a win, and the bike fit in two classes (Open Supersport and Open Superbike). I would race a Hyosung, if their contingency payment program was better than the rest.

Last edited:

patineto

That doesn't have anything to do with it. That's why almost everyone runs Swedish suspension. That's why almost everyone ran French tires for many many years in Grand Prix racing. They've also run tires from England. And they'd run tires from Italy if there was a competitive advantage. They're just looking for the fastest, and don't care where it comes from.

I kind of feel the same way. When it comes to choosing a motorcycle to race, I have absolutely no brand preference. I have owned Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and MV Agusta motorcycles. My last race bike was a Yamaha R1, simply because they were paying $2,000 a win, and the bike fit in two classes (Open Supersport and Open Superbike). I would race a Hyosung, if their contingency payment program was better than the rest.
Well we discover something, you don't know as much as you know about motorcycle history (I'm no expert but don Antonio I know

Antonio "JJ" Cobas was the developer of the "Peripheral" frame, before him the great mayority of motorcycles frames where "Spine" (with a thick tube on top that hold the head tube and in the great majority a "Cradle" that holds the motor from the bottom..

this is Don Paco Bulto the owner of Bultaco, I show you a "Dirt bike" to make the difference more obvious, before Cobas the GP frames where closer to the Bultaco, main spine with some gussets, very few use the motor as a stress member of the chassis (Like John Britten did, but was not his invention)

the perimeter "delta" frames have a massive advantage in torsional stiffness, including very rigid/stable forks, so much of a advantage the four big ones had to contact Cobas to make them frames base on his concept, if not there where not competitive and you know how Japanese are with pride... i think the year was 1971 or so...

Well we discover something, you don't know as much as you know about motorcycle history (I'm no expert but don Antonio I know

Antonio "JJ" Cobas was the developer of the "Peripheral" frame, before him the great mayority of motorcycles frames where "Spine" (with a thick tube on top that hold the head tube and in the great majority a "Cradle" that holds the motor from the bottom..

this is Don Paco Bulto the owner of Bultaco, I show you a "Dirt bike" to make the difference more obvious, before Cobas the GP frames where closer to the Bultaco, main spine with some gussets, very few use the motor as a stress member of the chassis (Like John Britten did, but was not his invention)

the perimeter "delta" frames have a massive advantage in torsional stiffness, including very rigid/stable forks, so much of a advantage the four big ones had to contact Cobas to make them frames base on his concept, if not there where not competitive and you know how Japanese are with pride... i think the year was 1971 or so...
Buddy...

What are you trying to communicate? :wtf:

patineto

Buddy...

What are you trying to communicate? :wtf:
that is why i use pictures, because i'm not to good with words..

Cobas aluminum perimeter frame (follows the space available outside the motor) the first ones ever..

basic "Spine" frame, pretty much like a bicycle, very flexible and disconnected so the bike those not respond to well on turns, most moto frames where make like this until the 70's.

patineto

Patineto, In a previous post you mentioned competing against Wade Boyd, thought you might be interested to know that he is riding at the International Island Classic at Phillip Island Australia this weekend representing Team USA
It's 4 days of Classic Racing with world class competitors on some exotic machines.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...-pridmore-qualifies-second-at-phillip-island/
oh is now way i can compete with wade, he is far more skillful and way the hell faster, but i did hang out with the sub culture racing crew for a few yearsand the races and helping fix the outfits..

Jennifer Broome my ex girlfriend was really fast and really fun to ride with, correction, she still really fast on anything with wheels..

she was winning the electric GP cup until the battery pack explode and she abandon the racing in a hurry..

Last edited:

Top Bottom