Transmission Service Big Reds in Escondido, CA

Yesterday I had Big Reds in Escondido, Ca., northern SD County perform my timely, as it turns out, transmission service.

It had been over 30,000 miles since it was done before I bought it over six years ago.

The level had not dropped a bit after all that time. The fluid smelled burned, as I was told by their mechanic. The bottom of the pan had a bunch of sludge in it, and the magnet in the pan had the same thick muddy sludge around itself. Apparently this had a bit of small metal particles throughout this sludge.

I also had the module changed out, drained the torque converter, a new pan gasket, new filter, and all the appropriate fluids from Europarts SD.

The mechanic knew his stuff and cleaned up everything before reinstalling and taking a test drive to be sure there were no leaks anywhere.

I have to thank them for working with me supplying all the fluids and parts that I bought from Europarts SD and just charging me for their labor. Not all places would do this. It is great to know we here in San Diego have an alternative to the dealers.

I would not hesitate to use them again if a need arises. I am not getting a break for this positive recommendation, other than not having to go to a dealer.

Top Bottom