In the FOR SALE forum.

2greek4u

Being on numerous other Forums(mostly Toyota ones), It has come to my attention that in the For sale forum might need some extra rules applied to it as a preventative measure.

Something in the lines of:

-Pictures of actual product is required when creating a thread.

-You must also include in the picture a piece of paper, with your username and Sprinter-source.com written down on it. This is to verify that it is your actual product and not a copied image found on the internet. If you have the time to create a thread for an item that you are trying to sell, then you have time to post pictures up with this requested information.

-Potential buyers will want to be able to evaluate how much shipping fees can amount to when buying your part. Therefore, you MUST add your full location in your profile. Your location tag must include a City AND State (or Country).

-The Edit and Thread Deletion options should been turned off in the For Sale Forums . By disabling these features, users can no longer post an item for sale, and then edit or delete a thread when they've received payment, leaving the purchaser with no valid point of contact, or claim in court. Simply state that the item has: "Been Sold", "No Longer For Sale", or "No Longer Available". Then allow the thread to die on it's own.

That's about it . Please don't take this in a wrong way, I think this Forum is very informative with some very knowledgeable people. It just came up to my attention that it lacked some basic rules to make the For Sale forum better.(IMO)

-Manny.

flman

Roadrunner, Genius of Birds ALWAYS WINS! NO FAILS!
I don't get your quote...El Aussie ?!
I think he was trying to tell you your not in Kansas any more................

Oops, meant your not in the Toyota forum any more..........

2greek4u

I think he was trying to tell you your not in Kansas any more................

Oops, meant your not in the Toyota forum any more..........
I understand that, but don't you guys find it weird when people post something for sale without any pictures? And what about fraud? Maybe this forum has a much older audience and my fears are none founded....I have seen my fair share of people getting scammed.

I understand that, but don't you guys find it weird when people post something for sale without any pictures? And what about fraud?
Your first comments are worth investigation. Sikwan has responded to similar input in the past. I believe some of the issues you highlight haven't really been a problem here so the extra moderation which would be required may not be necessary (yet). I don't speak for Sikwan though.

Maybe this forum has a much older audience and my fears are none founded....
Don't forget that Sprinters are a MB vehicle. Mother Mercedes has ways to control those associated with her product.

You don't believe me???

Just go to Google and search using "mature German mother punishment". No doubt the returned links will make you a believer.

Sorry. I'll get my coat....

vic

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
I understand that, but don't you guys find it weird when people post something for sale without any pictures? And what about fraud? Maybe this forum has a much older audience and my fears are none founded....I have seen my fair share of people getting scammed.
No, I don't find it weird. Fraud can happen with lots of rules too. IMHO, old or young has nothing to do with what should be done. I am for the least amount of rules. Craigslist is a good model and there are very few rules there serving a very large audience... Al

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I wish everyone would post a pic. That would be like, I wish everyone would post in the right section.

I know where you're coming from, but a lot of the users here are in a different age group (ok, I said it :smilewink:) than the Toyota forum and many do not have the posting picture skills much less posting skills.

Top Bottom