@fishingfan (IG) 158wb build thread

158wb

Sweet - I'm a 158 owner and a fisherman. Is your van lifted? It looks like a lot of clearance.
Thanks!

Fish all over the west coast if you ever want to get together. Walkandwade is my ig profile for fishing.
No lift, but those bigger tires fit with only front mudflap trimming. They are 245 65 16 duratracs. Killer tire, have pushed 6 inchea off fresh snow with them in the van, 2wd, no chains. The 06 158s come taller than any of the other t1ns to my knowledge. There are other years that are the same but many that are lower/ have smaller wheels from the factory.

158wb

Sry the name has been changed on IG to @SierraVans and thank you CWhite87! Are you interested in putting one in your van?d

158wb

Hello, I am also doing a 06 158 build. How do those tires ride? Any rubbing at full turning capacity?

Thanks,
No rubbing at full lock, however I get a very very very minor rub at low speeds when the wheel is turned about 3/4 to full lock and a small bump is hit. Almost always in a parking lot. Its always on the front passenger/right tire as well. It is so minor I havent even looked to see what causes it. Just about when I forget it is there it will hapepen again. IMO they fit well. Tons of vertical clearance, esp on the 06. I bought them because this van will see a lot of ski duty, and SNOW! These tires have performed great in lots of snow. Got us through last winter in Tahoe and only chained up once. @sierravans instagram for more photos. :rad:

Top Bottom