HY1 remote control

johnplyler

2020 4x4
I have ordered the H12 Fuel-Fired Pre-Heater (17K BTU) for my 2020 model. I would like to also order the HY1 Remote Control for Auxiiary Heater.

The dealer I am ordering from says the remote control is not available on the 2020 cargo van. I said, so what does it go with- unknown?? I called another dealer and he says I can order the HY1 and that it does go with the H12 on a cargo van.

I tried to call the Charleston plant where the Sprinters are made and no one answers!

Anyone have an idea how I can get this order through and stay with the same dealer?

GLJones

I would email Mercedes Sprinter and get their response. Take that to your dealer if they are incorrect.

VanGoSki

HY1 can no longer be imported into the US. I'm assuming there's an FCC issue. It's not listed in the 2020 equipment guide nor in the DOG.

wquek

Work in progress
I couldn’t order HY1 on my canadian 2019. Dealer says the heater can be activated via the Mercedes Me app in 2020. I am very intrigued to see how this is going to work...

vrrv

MY21 144 2WD HR Passenger
Here is the screen from Mercedes Pro app... I think that's what we get instead of Espar remote...
1607438756660.png

I couldn’t order HY1 on my canadian 2019. Dealer says the heater can be activated via the Mercedes Me app in 2020. I am very intrigued to see how this is going to work...
I just read the reviews of the Mercedes Me app on the Apple Store. They basically rate the app as working 10-20% of the time and frequently when it does work with a very long lag. The folks from cold winter states and hot summer states hate it and rate it with 1 or 2 stars. The folks with On Star from General Motors or with Audi's talk about how much better those are for Remote Starts. Many missed the HY1 as they felt it was much better.
Walk in His Peace,
Scribe With A Stylus

cacaw

Our 2019 144 Passenger came with the standard equipment auxiliary heater "Fuel-fired heater booster (17,000 BTU)" but I couldn't figure out how to use it as a camping heater and ended up installing an Espar S2D2. Pretty ridiculous to have two similar heaters, but I couldn't find a better solution.

Never noticed the HY1 Remote Control for Auxiliary Heater option but it looks like it might be what I need. But what exactly is it? Does adding this option just turn on a feature, or is it a physical remote control?

I could never get the Mercedes Pro app working and the new Mercedes Me Connect app has some great features but unfortunately doesn't offer a way to turn on the Webasto heater.

Wrinkledpants

2017 144WB 4x4
Our 2019 144 Passenger came with the standard equipment auxiliary heater "Fuel-fired heater booster (17,000 BTU)" but I couldn't figure out how to use it as a camping heater and ended up installing an Espar S2D2. Pretty ridiculous to have two similar heaters, but I couldn't find a better solution.

Never noticed the HY1 Remote Control for Auxiliary Heater option but it looks like it might be what I need. But what exactly is it? Does adding this option just turn on a feature, or is it a physical remote control?

I could never get the Mercedes Pro app working and the new Mercedes Me Connect app has some great features but unfortunately doesn't offer a way to turn on the Webasto heater.
Two similar heaters but used for two completely different purposes. I have both the block heater and an D2, and would not want them to be one in the same. It's a lot of wasted energy trying to keep an engine warm while also keeping the van interior warm. IMO - it's better to let the hydronic heater do what it's good at, supported by MB. And let the more simple D2 do what it's good at. There is one moving part on the D2 and you can field service it easily.

The remote is nice (I have an NCV3). I'm 3 blocks from where the van is parked, and I can turn on the block heater with the remote before I head out. It doesn't heat the interior at all, but it makes starting easier. I also have no qualms about running the D2 for days on end when I'm frequently using the van, or if there's water in there. It's a 10,000 hour rated fan motor, and those things cost maybe $200 bucks to replace.

IMG-0418.jpg

Top Bottom