MB playing Dirty Pool

Onefin

Yes, I sold my 2018 for personal reasons and looking to buy another one now.
Oh, cool.
Glad you are back looking for one!

I know where there is a “maybe” unaccounted for South Carolina VS30 144” 4x4 due fall?
Who knows what delays?

And a Stuttgart 170” 4x4 due in fall as well.

PM me if you want info on them, they were unclaimed a couple weeks ago.
Dealer is firm at MSRP, but not over MSRP.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
Of course there is preferential treatment for some dealers. Go down to Fletcher Jones MB and tell them you want basically anything and they will be able to get it for you faster than anyone else. Why? Because they are the largest volume MB dealer on the planet.
I guess the "basically anything" is there for Sprinters. They don't sell or service Sprinters. :smirk:

But MB Laguna Niguel is just down the road a bit. I think they're one of the larger Sprinter dealers in the country. I've had some work done there and been happy with them.

Your point is right on, though. Yes, different car dealerships get different treatment. Happens with every car brand. Happens with just about every product on the market. The electronics store that sells more TVs than anyone else gets preferential treatment. The liquor chain that sells more beer than anyone else gets preferential treatment.

I'm not surprised that a little dealer somewhere in Alabama is way down the food chain on deliveries after the storm. The plant is going to take care of their best dealers first.

sanomechanic

I'm not surprised that a little dealer somewhere in Alabama is way down the food chain on deliveries after the storm. The plant is going to take care of their best dealers first.
Mobile not so small. The dealer I referred to was a BMW/MB store in Upstate New York north of Albany. BTW Fletcher Jones Motor Cars does not even sell Sprinter.

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
Mobile not so small. The dealer I referred to was a BMW/MB store in Upstate New York north of Albany.
Just a few posts up, you said you purchased your van from a dealer in Alabama. Do I need to remind you of your own words?

I purchased van from Alabama dealer. Very close to South Carolina.
And yes, any Mercedes dealer in Mobile, Alabama, is going to be small in the big picture. Big dealers are going to be in big cities. We already know about fleecer jones. Without looking, I'm going to guess the next dealers in terms of volume are going to be in places like New York city, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Miami.

BTW Fletcher Jones Motor Cars does not even sell Sprinter.
I'm well aware of that. I even said so in my previous post.

Listen, I understand your frustration. I'd be frustrated if I were in your position. But ranting and raving here isn't going to help. It just makes you look like a fool. Besides, you've already got your deposit back. So go buy a Transit. They're not a bad van.

Last edited:

sanomechanic

Just a few posts up, you said you purchased your van from a dealer in Alabama. Do I need to remind you of your own words?

I was comparing Mobile to Keeler MB/BMW in Latham NY. Very small dealer located in an upstate Hamlett with a population of 20k people. Much smaller than Mobile. Mobile serves a very large region and sells far more Sprinters than Keeler will ever receive. Yet...Keeler received a shipment with order number 1500 past my rig. Pretty much identical build too. The priority should have been in the first built product. Not shove it to the side indefinably because of a production error.

So.... stop acting like a fool by attacking what I say and know more about what you are saying. Mobile MB is same size of Hoehn in Carlsbad and close to San Diego.

Dont be a douche nozzle

Last edited:

dynaco1

First of all, I feel your pain and disappointment.

I have seen a few similarly-built 4x4 and RWD units with 10" MBUX and LED headlights, like the one you describe at Keeler in Latham NY. From what I have surmised, some were ordered by Roadtrek and eventually bound for a freight forwarder and on to Cambridge Ontario. They each appear to have special upfitter packages. The ones I saw were all from from Dusseldorf and painted Iridium silver (see attached window decal).

The van at Keeler might be bound for Safari Condo in Quebec. The window sticker will tell all.

Obviously, the fleet and RV accounts receive priority treatment. Of course, sailquik told us this months ago.

For your sanity and future happiness, you might want to locate and buy a Dusseldorf van.

Attachments

Last edited:

sanomechanic

I have seen a few similarly-built 4x4 and RWD units with 10" MBUX and LED headlights, like the one you describe at Keeler in Latham NY.

For your sanity, you might want to locate and buy a Dusseldorf van.
This van was sold to an upfitter in Oregon. The order number for this one was 1500 past mine. I missed out on getting it by 2 days.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...e1=MB&modelCode1=MBSPRINTER&clickType=listing

I truly wish I could find a German built 4x4 van. These SC builds are dicey.

Last edited:

Top Bottom