The American Dream

• Thread starter Deleted member 50714
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 50714

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (democracy, rights, liberty, opportunity and equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, as well as an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers. In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement"regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.

To sum it up to own a home, successful business and attain financial independence.

My question: what is the European dream? What is the French German and British "Dream," move to America?

"Give us your tired and poor huddled masses yearning to breathe free!" Just make sure they register at the gate, speak English, can/want to work and leave when their visa expires.

bladerunner

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (democracy, rights, liberty, opportunity and equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, as well as an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers. In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, "life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement"regardless of social class or circumstances of birth.

To sum it up to own a home, successful business and attain financial independence.

My question: what is the European dream? What is the French German and British "Dream," move to America?

"Give us your tired and poor huddled masses yearning to breathe free!" Just make sure they register at the gate, speak English, can/want to work and leave when their visa expires.
In 1931!

Does that still hold truth in 2017??

And.........

"To sum it up to own a home, successful business and attain financial independence."

via.................

each according to ability or achievement"

And how-many of those that turned up from foreign shores actually achieved the dream and how many didn't?

And.....................

"Give us your tired and poor huddled masses yearning to breathe free!"

Did that only refer to Europeans or 'one and all'??

As for the dreams of the others................

The German Dream appears similar to the American..........

https://www.quora.com/If-there-was-a-German-Dream-like-there-is-an-American-Dream-what-would-it-be

And here's :2cents: on the French Dream..............

http://tonyaleigh.com/frenchie-friday-the-french-vs-american-dream/

And as for the British.................I couldn't find a 'Dream' except that immigration appears to be the death knell of Britain.

I did notice you didn't mention the 'Dreams' of the Middle Eastern masses that are changing the face of America.

:cheers:

D

Deleted member 50714

In 1931!

Does that still hold truth in 2017??

And.........

"To sum it up to own a home, successful business and attain financial independence."

via.................

each according to ability or achievement"

And how-many of those that turned up from foreign shores actually achieved the dream and how many didn't?

And.....................

"Give us your tired and poor huddled masses yearning to breathe free!"

Did that only refer to Europeans or 'one and all'??

As for the dreams of the others................

The German Dream appears similar to the American..........

https://www.quora.com/If-there-was-a-German-Dream-like-there-is-an-American-Dream-what-would-it-be

And here's :2cents: on the French Dream..............

http://tonyaleigh.com/frenchie-friday-the-french-vs-american-dream/

And as for the British.................I couldn't find a 'Dream' except that immigration appears to be the death knell of Britain.

I did notice you didn't mention the 'Dreams' of the Middle Eastern masses that are changing the face of America.

:cheers:
:thumbup:

bladerunner

Why not speak for yourself, Blade...

I wasn't asked!

What's the Australian Dream?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Dream

'That' ^^^^ according to the myth/legend was supposedly what one/most espoused too!
That has however changed in recent times for some/many as rising house prices in the 'work available' areas has excluded them from the dream.

I however had aspirations that extended beyond 'that dream', but that's another tale and I'm not into bragging like some of the boys from the US I have encountered.:rolleyes:

--dick :cheers:
p.s. besides slower sheep...
As for 'slower sheep'....................methinks you are mixing up New Zealanders with the boys of OZ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_shagger

NEW ZEALAND FARMER ARRESTED FOR SELLING SHEEP AS SEX SLAVES TO ISIS

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/new-zealand-farmer-arrested-for-selling-sheep-as-sex-slaves-to-isis/

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
My take on the american dream, taken from the world media that I watch (I dont watch much as its all crap)

Dominate the world by force.
Steal all the worlds oil and resources by military action (all in the name of good of course).
Kill all the black people.
Act like nothing ever happened that the USA caused, and if it did, its not our fault, it was gods fault (the imaginary friend of the true, well, true in the eyes of the believer of the imaginary friend at least.)
If all else fails blame China or North Korea for the problem.

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
My take on the american dream, taken from the world media that I watch (I dont watch much as its all crap)

Dominate the world by force.
Steal all the worlds oil and resources by military action (all in the name of good of course).
Kill all the black people.
Act like nothing ever happened that the USA caused, and if it did, its not our fault, it was gods fault (the imaginary friend of the true, well, true in the eyes of the believer of the imaginary friend at least.)
If all else fails blame China or North Korea for the problem.
Is it just the Sprinter that's giving you fits: or something else bothering you ..

Thanks for sharing

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Tooth Fairy has fallen under the Fake News problem. We are a country under siege from George Soros. All the rich tech guys want me to give all my money to the poor while they keep theirs off shore.

D

Deleted member 50714

Obviously the "Tooth" must live near a cannabis collective and receiving deep, repeat customer discounts. Never mind all of the foreign economic aid we dole out.

lindenengineering

I essentially agree with this and so does my brother, a 10 pound Pom in Brissy since 1968.
As with Australia as an immigrant be kind the the USA and it will be kind to you!
Besides the UK has slid down a tube I dare not look into since since BLiar and the Iraq war fiasco made only worse by the Brexit cul de sac and ineptitude plumbing depths not seen before.
Glad I am here in the USA and my brother thinks the same way down undah!
Dennis

bladerunner

Obviously the "Tooth" must live near a cannabis collective and receiving deep, repeat customer discounts. Never mind all of the foreign economic aid we dole out.
A little education is dangerous especially if its from the Oz Trade Unions and the Oz Labor Party!!

Top Bottom