Glow plug light

Perce

Each time I start my engine the glow plug light on my 2005 T1N stays on for maybe a min as I drive down the road. It has only done it for the past few weeks any ideas ?
Regards Perce

Eric Experience

Perce.
Easy stuff. You have a burnt out glow plug. No big deal as long as you do not take it to a mug mechanic who tries to remove it cold and snap it of. Best to do it yourself, after reading about the process, the most important is the engine temperature, it must be as hot as possible even though it is uncomfortable to work on it is better than a snapped of plug. There is no need to panic you can drive the van as long as you like with a blown plug. Eric.

Perce

Thanks Eric, is there a part number for the glow plug and how do I determine which one has failed or is it best to replace all of them?
Regards Perce

Eric Experience

Perce
You can go to your dealer with your VIN and get the plugs or you can go to Repco and get NGK plugs. best to replace all plugs. Eric.

Just looked up Repco's catalogue, NGK glow plugs to suit my OM611 (T1N 2006) are $37 each, Bosch are $12.50 !!

Last edited:

timotb

Have a 2008 Sprinter with Mercedes OM642. Want to change the glow plug #2. Looking for a service manual.

Perce

Timotb . There’s a lot of info on these forums about service manuals. I think they are from diysprinterUK.

Top Bottom