Vibration

PeterInSa

mcguyver re Wynnum, you have probably heard this B4:

45 odd years ago, my brother had a girlfriend who lived in Wynnum. (I'm an ex Brisbaneite)

Dad said once, referring to his girlfriend. Do you know the way to Wynnum..... Send them flowers.

mcguyver

Im almost embarrassed to post this but an update to my ongoing Noise and vibration issues. Have spent hours trying to source the noise on deceleration. Took it to my mechanic who drained diff and transmission oils for any signs of metal etc. We checked uni joints, centre bearings etc. all in good condition. We took a set of tyres off another van and fitted them, still no change. Just to reveiw. The noise was occurring on decelaration. Sort of a metallic rattle/ rumble.

It has been driving me crazy.

So last sunday, the wife and i were giving it a real good clean in preparation for its upcoming camper fit out. My wife was vacuuming under the side door step when she says. Oh look what I found. 2 glass marbles and a Gum nut.
The marbles and gum nut were rolling forward and casing the noises. Still have a slight vibration but the noise has now completely gone.
Yep the joys of owning an ex school bus.
Dont talk to me about cars I know cars :)

PeterInSa

Re (she says. Oh look what I found.)

Love it mcg, good to see the wife is helping, my SWMBO does the vacuuming in our RV's. ( claims I cannot see the dust)

Banjo48

Made me smile, when I opened up my side door steps/wells, I found a heap of pop rivet stems, more unrecognisable detritus and a large bunch of keys complete with remote garage opener (battery very flat) Lol.

Top Bottom