2005 Sprinter 2500 140" WB High Roof, Stony Point, NY $5k

mdfst222

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look at my 05 2500 Sprinter. It's a partial conversion to a camper located in lower hudson valley near NYC. It has a lot of miles on it and still runs strong. It does have a few issues: AC and radio not working, small body dings, occasional overboost code comes up. It looks like Cinderella's pumpkin before her fairy godmother got to it..., but has never broken down on me. See my craigslist post below for more pictures:

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/6572903440.html

"2005 Dodge (Freightliner) Sprinter 2500 140" wheelbase and high ceiling.
-Don't have the time to complete this project anymore so it needs to go, I will negotiate reasonable offers.
-Has ~273k miles on it, all fluids changed regularly, never had an issue with the motor I don't beat on it, I can't speak for the previous owner who put on the majority of the miles and did some odd wiring work (I posted on it a while ago and was able to correct it!).
-Single occupancy cargo van body style, a second seat can be added easily (I removed it to put in a tool chest, which is not included).
-Starts up fine even in below freezing weather, battery on tender (charged by van's solar charge system) when not used.
-All tires and underbody spare are in great condition with lots of tread.
-Underbody is in good condition.

Extras:
-Originally purchased to convert to a camper/RV (partially converted). Inside there is a bed platform, partially completed cabinets, led ceiling lights, Aux 12v DC lines, and mini wardrobe (any of these can be removed prior to sale if you don't want them)
-The cargo area is fully insulated (reflectix and roxwool), I haven't been able to finish the ceiling though (just needs a piece of sheeting over the insulation)
-15A direct AC Shore Power plug
-Has a class IV tow hitch and 4 pin wiring harness
-Cruise Control

-Solar panel mounting brackets are installed on the roof, main power line from the roof is 12v. Will include 4, 100w solar panels, Two T-105-RE solar deep cycle batteries, charge controller, fusebox, and pure sign power inverter (with auto low voltage shut-off) for $3000 extra.

Known Issues:
-AC and radio are not currently working. It seems like the AC compressor stopped working, I have not had time to replace them.
-Brake fluid need to be flushed, I have all the tools needed to do this, again just haven't had time.
-Occasionally a turbo overboost error comes up, not sure what's causing it (probably one of the air sensors) because the turbo works fine once the code is cleared and it won't come up again for a month or so.
Original owner painted it two different shades of orange, there is white underneath, but I haven't had time to sand and repaint the van. The body has a few dings and the rear step is bent a bit, but doesn't impact towing."

I'm open to reasonable offers!:thumbup:
Feel free to email or PM me!
Thanks!

Last edited:

mdfst222

The turbo overboost issue has been corrected with an aftermarket turbo resonator. The power delivery is much smoother and the van feels solid.

Top Bottom