Van Windows Direct

brokengranite

Hold my beer, watch this
I wanted to post my experience with Van Windows Direct. I had been looking to install two windows in my T1N. After browsing endlessly trying to find the best deal, I settled on Van Windows Direct. I had called numerous times to ask questions, each time was answered by a friendly voice.

I placed my order on Monday, shipped Wednesday, and the windows arrived Thursday (im about two hours from them but wasnt worth the effort to pick them up and take the time off work). Everything arrived in good condition.

I will be installing them in the next couple of days and will post about further but as far as my dealing with VWD, they were great.

Thanks again guys :thumbup:

hilld

I wanted to post my experience with Van Windows Direct. I had been looking to install two windows in my T1N. After browsing endlessly trying to find the best deal, I settled on Van Windows Direct. I had called numerous times to ask questions, each time was answered by a friendly voice.

I placed my order on Monday, shipped Wednesday, and the windows arrived Thursday (im about two hours from them but wasnt worth the effort to pick them up and take the time off work). Everything arrived in good condition.

I will be installing them in the next couple of days and will post about further but as far as my dealing with VWD, they were great.

Thanks again guys :thumbup:
It has been a year since your last post. How have they held up?

hilld

Thanks. My windows are on order, I got an email from VWD yesterday saying that nothing will arrive until the end of Jan 21. Sigh.

Tuck5000

2008 2500 170
I was totally satisfied with VWD, I ordered windows for my 2020 in late september, they said they were 10 weeks out, both windows were shipped and at my door in 3+ weeks .. ONe was CRL And the other was VWD direct brand...Both seen to be good quality

VWD also offers installation, by appointment for those that are close enough to be worth the wait.

When I picked up my two AMA half sliders, I drove up on a whim and their installer was not available that day. That was for the best, as I found out this past week when I finally got around to having them installed, thanks to some help from the guys at the Sprinter Pitstop in San Diego who called in some auto glass installers.

My interior window surrounds had to be removed which was a pain, but so worth having windows that open in the passenger area behind the front cab on my 06 T1N Freightliner Sprinter 2500.

Yesterday, I finished getting the interior back to where it was on each side.

It is a little concerning that the edge of the glass is exposed with an air gap around the windows due to the limo builder using a steel frame mounted into the factory window opening so the glass cannot be glued directly to vans window frames.

I suppose this was originally done so the interior has a wider window frame on the inside to make room for the pull-down pleated shades to sit within the wider created window surrounds.

VWD, thanks for being within driving distance and stocking them for the T1N. As many have found, most after market suppliers tend to ignore us T1N owners.

I have another set of dark tinted windows in front of the rear axle that could use these half sliders too , but when I asked VWD, I was told they were not available at the time, but maybe in the future.

Top Bottom