Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Write-Ups

NCV3 Write-Ups Help other NCV3 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #151
cruxology

Default Re: Bench seat - making a 3-seater into a 2-seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxology View Post
Anyone have any more detail on the plastic seat belt hoods? I punched in the plastic pin but still managed to break the tab when prying it out. It appears the pin doesnít recess far enough to let the tab release. Or Iím doing it wrong.

Thanks!
Oh, hmm, never mind, I just tried a second one and it worked flawlessly. Not sure how I managed to screw up the first one!
cruxology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #152
cruxology

Just finished up my 3 to 2 seat conversion. Came out great! So many thanks to JJolls and others who have contributed to this thread!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0DBA194D-27F2-40C3-A6CB-AB05D2ACB079.jpg (71.1 KB, 218 views)
cruxology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cruxology For This Useful Post:
JJolls (12-05-2019)
Old 12-30-2019, 05:44 PM   #153
sailorman

This thread is awesome... I'd looked through this and wanted to do it, and got a bug a few days ago. 2 things came up that might be easier for anyone trying this, the headrest parts can come out from the top, by using a dull rod or screwdriver. Pushing down on the foam/ fabric, and looking from the driver's side, you can see a tab that needs to be pushed in. I broke two of the pieces that have the button on them by popping them up from the bottom. They still function, but not as good as new. I popped out the last couple from the top, and it worked much better.

The other thing that came up, was that as a cheaper... less parts needed, I cut about 3 inches of the large tube, slit it, and crunched it a bit into a spring shape to act as an inside tube. I had some other materials laying around that I could fit in the other parts. Using the McMaster tube inserts or whatever source... would have been much easier.
sailorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #154
jdl8r

I'd private message you, but the forums say I don't have it enabled and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I'm looking to convert my 3-person to a 2 person and I'm in San Diego (Pacific Beach). How long does it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterPaul View Post

I'll need to pop my current seat out for any other pics. Can Do that later if needed.

$500 to convert your seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdl8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:25 PM   #155
sprinterPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl8r View Post
I'd private message you, but the forums say I don't have it enabled and cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I'm looking to convert my 3-person to a 2 person and I'm in San Diego (Pacific Beach). How long does it take?

Email me. Info@xplroutfitters.com. Thanks.

sprinterPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #156
thegroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandog View Post
Anyone know someone in the northwest who can perform a three-to-two bench seat conversion?

Did you find someone to do the conversion?
thegroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:46 PM   #157
sprinterPaul

In case any one is wondering. The 2019 plus benches are more work. But same concepts apply. They have so many more little parts that are hard to take apart.

sprinterPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:19 AM   #158
CopaJoe
Travel Ad.Ventures

I disassembled the seat and took off the fabric and foam today in about 30 minutes with your instructions. Will work on the cutting of the metal and welding soon. I do not sew so I will need to find some help with this.

Question, if you wanted, will the seat fit into the bracket closest to the sliding door as well (if you wanted) or is the measurement different? I actually need to make mine a two seater but using the sliding door and middle hold downs.

thanks for the excellent instructions (so far for me at least!)

EDIT - I read the entire thread and found a few that said the distances are the same so you can put the 2 seater up against the drivers side wall or the sliding door side depending upon your needs. that is excellent!

Next up, cutting and welding. btw - anyone lock the seat in place in the van prior to welding (or to tack weld) just to confirm fitment? Seems that it would help make sure you are doing the sizing correctly!

Last edited by CopaJoe; 03-03-2020 at 01:43 AM.
CopaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:57 AM   #159
JJolls
'14 170 4cyl Crew

CopaJoe:
Yes... it's an excellent idea to use the van's floor brackets as a sizing jig. I do this to ensure exact measurements. If you want to tack weld things together, you might want to shield the floor from welding spatter with a blanket or something!
Good luck with your project!
JJolls is offline   Reply With Quote