Constant RPM option, High Idle, I want this

I did this to my van and it works very well. Dealership charged about $45 to program the feature. It is fairly easy to do. Van goes to 2000 rpm when activated. Van must be in park with parking brake set also to work. Parts for this are not very expensive either.

cheesey1

2004 LT "Free Spirit"
Can you retrofit this feature option in an 04 Sprinter???? I would love to be able to have this feature.

unimog

I have programmable speed control on an 08 sprinter. It works very well and you can set engine speed to any RPM. Handbrake has to be engaged for it to work

BW999

It's not good to let diesels run @ low idle. The noise is detonation, flame fronts colliding. I'm to install the constant RPM option, High idle.

VanSyncro

The 04-06 models are the same and the high Idle switch is for those models, unfortunately there is only one speed setting, 2000 rpm which is a bit high. I've done the install start to finish including the programming. The 08 model is a completely different beast, which sounds pretty cool if you can interactively change speed.

graton

I have a 2015 diesel with an adjustable high idle. The camper conversion company recommended it when I ordered the van. He said I could be parked and run the engine at a high idle and run the air conditioning ( our camper does not not have an air conditioner). I am trying to confirm that this is true and if so, how high show I set the idle? He said that we could run the engine and air conditioning all night if we had to! It sounds strange, but it makes me think of those all diesel trucks at the rest areas running through the night. Insights? Please advise.

Wasaabi

Sprinter Westfalia #133
Some people (search on T1N forum) use a long clamp in reverse to hold the pedal down. The electronic solution looks nicer. I have thought about doing this for a long time as an option to run engine AC occasionally during warm/humid nights. Even more ideal would be a timer of some sort to start/stop the engine.

Top Bottom