Ordering 2014 questions

cvo

Hows the 4 cylinder compared to the V6

They no longer offer the Premium Package with CC, comfort seat and electric mirrors

What package is Bluetooth in

Is the Premium Metallic same as the car quality

Last edited:

boardster

My Brilliant Silver Metallic '08 started rusting in just three short years . By the time it was five years old it became obvious to anyone. My guess is it might be a touch better than Arctic White at resisting corrosion, but not much.

Last edited:

cvo

I have and 2011 Artic white now with no rust, but the paint finish is lacking.

You can download as a .pdf file the complete, official MB 2014 equipment handbook at http://daimlervansupfitterportal.co...dbooks/sprinter-equipment-handbook-my2014.pdf. It lists the packages with code numbers, then the individual options with code numbers, followed by detailed descriptions of each package (broken down by which coded options it includes), followed by descriptions of each option. It takes some study, but is well worth the effort; the option ordering setup for these vans is pretty complex. This handbook, coupled with the "build your sprinter" feature on the official MB Sprinter website, http://www.mbsprinterusa.com, was a big help to me in ordering my 2014 short/tall Crew model. On the Sprinter site, you pick out the model van (cargo, crew, passenger), select wheelbase (144 or 170) and regular or high roof, and hit "build and equip." If you then click on the "packages" button, you will see the available packages along with what comes with them. If you click on the "options and accessories," same thing; (check out the menu bar at the top; "interior," "exterior," "comfort," etc.) plus, it will tell you if by choosing a particular option it automatically includes (or prohibits) another option. I.e. if you select (on a passenger van) "Heater, auxiliary, warm water with timer, 10 kW" it informs you that by selecting this option, you are also ordering the rear heater-and you will pay for both. There is a button for "appearance" options;" if you select that, you have your color options. Click on a color, and the photos of the van become the color you just selected. There's also a button for powertrain options. Using these features on the website, plus downloading the equipment handbook, can be a really big help. So is this forum-use it freely!

Seattle10

'14 Pass 4cyl highroof
Bluetooth is standard. Make sure it says "audio 15" on the order sheet.

CC and that other stuff is available separately still.

JJolls

'14 170 4cyl Crew
CVO - To add to Daybreak's suggestions, take a look at the "2014 M-B Sprinter Order Guide" that is available on the "Sprinter Guy" website - top left hand corner of his home page. It lists the 3 types of vans: Cargo, Crew, Passenger. Within each of these is listed the following: Standard Equipment, Optional Equipment, Custom Packages, Specialized Packages.

By consulting and comparing these lists, you will find what is available for each of the van types. It can get tricky and complicated... let's say you want tinted glass in front of the cargo area (i.e. sliding door area). In a Cargo van, this is 3 optional items... fixed windows, front left and right + black tinted windows. In a Crew Van, these items are Standard equipment.

I consulted this Order Guide along with the "U-build it" portion of the M-B website and the 300 page Equipment Handbook to get the full picture. The "Order Guide" was very helpful to me to keep all this information organized. It can get confusing and time-consuming to wade through all this.

For my needs, I found that the Crew van was cheaper, since more of the stuff I wanted came as standard. These items would have been options on the Cargo. Your needs will be different.

If you want a clear coat on the paint, you must order metallic color. Have fun with it all!

JJ

boardster

For my needs, I found that the Crew van was cheaper, since more of the stuff I wanted came as standard. These items would have been options on the Cargo.

JJ
And the Crew van is shipped whole from Europe to North America just like the Passenger van is avoiding possible glitches due to break-down and re-assembly.

cvo

The Sprinter rep is telling me, that they show more bundling of options at the dealer compared to online.

I shall see.

dynaco1

Suggest you ask your salesman if he has experience in ordering fleet options. He may not have access to these packages.

detroitdevo

Dave "The Sprinter Guy" at the Georgetown MB Dealership outside Austin has been a huge resource for me. I have ordered two a 2012 and now a new 2014 and he's been very helpful in finding out what options are available.

boardster

Dave "The Sprinter Guy" at the Georgetown MB Dealership outside Austin has been a huge resource for me. I have ordered two a 2012 and now a new 2014 and he's been very helpful in finding out what options are available.
Did you order your Spinter from his dealership?

CVO -

For my needs, I found that the Crew van was cheaper, since more of the stuff I wanted came as standard. These items would have been options on the Cargo. Your needs will be different.

JJ
Another point on ordering the crew van as opposed to the cargo: the cargo van, after being built in Germany, is "knocked down" into shipping packages-body in one package, chassis in another (not sure if the engine/driveline is packaged separately-Sailquik probably knows). The packages are shipped to the MB facility in Ladson, S.C. and reassembled there. This does not happen with the passenger van or the crew van (which for tax/import purposes is considered a passenger van). Thus, you will receive the vehicle that much sooner by not having to await reassembly.

detroitdevo

Did you order your Spinter from his dealership?
I ordered both of mine from him, I live in Detroit and the two Sprinter (MB) dealerships here were less than friendly when I wanted to special order a van that would take 4-6 months to get. They pretty much wanted me to take what was on the lot so after searching here I was turned to Dave and after a few quick calls I made my order in 2011 for a new 2012 and then again in August of this year I ordered a new 3500 2014 and I took the quick flight down to Austin, he picked me up and away I went.

Very Happy

cvo

My dealer wasn't thrilled about placing my order, but they did. I have seven or more Sprinter dealers within 120 miles of my location.

Last edited:

boardster

I ordered both of mine from him, I live in Detroit and the two Sprinter (MB) dealerships here were less than friendly ........
I was turned to Dave and after a few quick calls I made my order .....I took the quick flight down to Austin, he picked me up and away I went.
I also live in Metro Detroit, and work in Detroit two miles from one of the three Sprinter dealers in the entire state of Michigan.
When I purchased my '08 brand new I visited a dozen dealerships to see what was in stock and what kind of price I could get, and eventually went with Galeana Dodge on Van Dyke.
Had my warrantee and recall work done at Tamaroff and Sterling, and all routine maintenance including the first oil change done at my independent European auto mechanic in Waterford. He understood the Sprinter, and selected the oil as well as fuel filter clamps properly.
If I ever was to need major maintenance that he couldn't handle I was planning on Hoekstra.
I realize that where you purchase has nothing at all to do with warrantee work, and would definitely consider ordering from The Sprinter Guy to eliminate any ordering errors.
I'm just waiting to see and drive the Transit first before ordering, either way whether it's a '15 Ford or a '14 Sprinter it will be ordered to spec, one of the two local dealers would have to offer a real low ball price in order to get my business rather than have me feel secure in the process with Sprinter Guy.
One reason I had gone with Galeana is they agreed to install some OEM glass at their shop. They ended up screwing up the install and putting the wrong glass in to boot.(I had specified privacy, they went clear and ended up adding film.) Got a bad scrape during the first few hours of my upfit! Plenty of bad cuts in the sheet metal from the poor skill of the blade operator too.
I'd rather deal with a Sprinter pro than the typical 'Benz seller.

dynaco1

When plans include up-fitting a cargo or crew van, pre-ordering the privacy (dark tinted) glass from MB factory is a no-brainer. The price is very fair.

boardster

When plans include up-fitting a cargo or crew van, pre-ordering the privacy (dark tinted) glass from MB factory is a no-brainer. The price is very fair.
Definitely, but back in the Fall of '08 there was a HUGE inventory on the lots, and ordering wasn't even really entertained by most of the Dodge Sprinter dealers of the time.
I would only consider after market glass this time around in order to include possibly ONE crank-out awning screen.

sailquik

Having bought 3 Sprinters "off the lot" with whatever the dealer ordered them with,
and 1 2014 custom ordered to my specifications, I probably will never take another
Sprinter "off the lot".
It's so much better when you get everything just the way you want it.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Karl2014

Having bought 3 Sprinters "off the lot" with whatever the dealer ordered them with,
and 1 2014 custom ordered to my specifications, I probably will never take another
Sprinter "off the lot".
It's so much better when you get everything just the way you want it.
Hope this helps,
Roger
I ordered as I wanted and agree this is best way IF you don't mind waiting 4 months (maybe 3 on the east coast).

Top Bottom