Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 10-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
lomcevok

Default Roadtrek Agile Cabinet Removal - How Hard?

Hi all: My Agile won a battle with a railroad overpass but has some roof damage (and a new open-air “sunroof” where the AC once was).

I need to get at the roof to get it fixed right. I appears that to get the headliner down, the cabinets have to come out.

Has anyone done this? How difficult? Did Roadtrek glue the cabinet sections together as they were installed (meaning removal will require that they will have to be removed as a unit)?

Not looking forward to this - have done big jobs, but this ... well ... Any experiences, tips, warnings, prayers to the gods of RV repairs gladly accepted.

Bill
lomcevok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:16 AM   #2
Aggie
2010 Roadtrek SS Ideal

Default Re: Roadtrek Agile Cabinet Removal - How Hard?

I have 2011 Roadtrek SS Ideal which is very similar to Agile. I have removed, 8 yrs ago, and replaced an upper cabinet - a small unit at the drivers end of wall. It was not glued but easily removed by standard screws as I recall.
I would expect, similar screw attachment for you but I would expect you may need to start removal from the front of the van and remove in sequence toward the rear as each unit may be attached to the next..
Good Luck
Aggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #3
lomcevok

Default Re: Roadtrek Agile Cabinet Removal - How Hard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
...remove in sequence toward the rear as each unit may be attached to the next..
Good Luck
Thanks, Aggie - that's what I'm anticipating - but like a home builder, gluing cabinets together as you install them is common practice. Hope RT didn't do that.

Should be an interesting endeavor.

Bill
lomcevok is offline   Reply With Quote