Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Roadtrek

Old 08-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #11
irvingj
2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)

Default Re: Inverter and Generator

As I understand it, if you want to use any of the 12V items -- lights, water pump, fan, etc. you have to have the battery ON, whether you're "plugged in" (to shore power) or not.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #12
USMC Mustang

Default Re: Inverter and Generator

I have a 2014 CS Adventurous with propane generator, solar, and coach batteries (no E-Trek). Supplying 120v power to the rig either with shore power or generator will provide power to every outlet whether or not the inverter is on. The solar panel(s) charges the batteries whether or not the inverter is on. My inverter (1250W TrippLite) has three switches: Auto, Off, and Charge Only. Auto provides 120v power to two or three outlets (but not all) if there is no 120v power from either shore power or the generator and 12v power to all 12v appliances. On Auto, that transfer is automatic, provided the inverter is switched 'On' at the control panel about the sliding door. If the inverter is switched 'Off' at the control panel, all 12v appliances continue to receive power, but no power is proved to 120v outlets.
USMC Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote