Sprinter-Forum    
 

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > VS30 Sprinters > VS30 Write-Ups

VS30 Write-Ups Help other VS30 owners by posting your experience working on your Sprinter.


 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #31
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente Ca
Posts: 721
Thanks: 140
Thanked 277 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbokhoven View Post
For the fabric wrap on the d pillars, did you put any foam or covering materials on the holes or is it only fabric?

Looks really good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. No only stuffed the pillars with Thinsulate . Started by over lapping the fabric across door frames ..pushing door seal down on it then used 3M 90 spray. Then worked/ stretched the fabric across holes in pillars.

I'm pleased with the result.
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:47 PM   #32
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente Ca
Posts: 721
Thanks: 140
Thanked 277 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoSki View Post
Arctic Tern window are dual-pane. Mo' betta for Alaska. https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...6&postcount=15
Terra Wagon is very High dollar....Plus they do not have screens..

I'm going with the AMA slider. with screen .. Everyone seem happy with this product.

https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/col...-van-2007-2020
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #33
VanGoSki
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: San Jose
Posts: 375
Thanks: 270
Thanked 156 Times in 95 Posts
Default Re: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanomechanic View Post
Terra Wagon is very High dollar....Plus they do not have screens..

I'm going with the AMA slider. with screen .. Everyone seem happy with this product.

https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/col...-van-2007-2020
I mentioned Arctic Tern, not Terra Wagen. https://www.ternoverland.com/
They're dual-pane and come with insect screens as well as sunshades.

Those AMA sliders look great. I love the sliding window which would be perfect for my wildlife photography. But, you pay a big price in thermal inefficiency. My current plan is to start with a couple of small Arctic Tern windows and see how that goes.
VanGoSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:03 AM   #34
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente Ca
Posts: 721
Thanks: 140
Thanked 277 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoSki View Post
I mentioned Arctic Tern, not Terra Wagen. https://www.ternoverland.com/
They're dual-pane and come with insect screens as well as sunshades.

Those AMA sliders look great. I love the sliding window which would be perfect for my wildlife photography. But, you pay a big price in thermal inefficiency. My current plan is to start with a couple of small Arctic Tern windows and see how that goes.

I also want to OEM look as well. That's what the AMA gives as well. They make nice insulation inserts for that style as well
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sanomechanic For This Useful Post:
VanGoSki (03-01-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #35
EinarJ
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Moving Forward

This is a fantastic build! Thank you for taking the time to share it all with us. Would love to know where you got the material for upholstering the headliner shelf? Have been trying to track down some options but nothing that seems to match as well as what I see in your photo. Thanks!
EinarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EinarJ For This Useful Post:
sanomechanic (03-02-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #36
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente Ca
Posts: 721
Thanks: 140
Thanked 277 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinarJ View Post
This is a fantastic build! Thank you for taking the time to share it all with us. Would love to know where you got the material for upholstering the headliner shelf? Have been trying to track down some options but nothing that seems to match as well as what I see in your photo. Thanks!
Thanks!!! These guys have the automotive type stuff.

https://upholsterysupplyonline.com/s...tweed&x=34&y=4
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:01 AM   #37
sanomechanic
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Clemente Ca
Posts: 721
Thanks: 140
Thanked 277 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Moving Forward

Enjoyment at last. Mammoth trippin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89408966_1300597513484405_234609302894018560_o.jpg (88.5 KB, 77 views)
sanomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanomechanic For This Useful Post:
pdxkid (03-09-2020), VanGoSki (03-08-2020)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.