Anyone experiencing a slowdown?

sikwan

06 Tin Can
It seems it's happening to me in the mornings. It happened for me at 8:30am PST today. I'm trying to see where it's coming from.

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Yes, I find the same. Has been in the evenings, but not exclusively. It is at the moment for example 18h00 GMT.

Slow for me also for probably a few days. At first it seemed only around 8 - 9:00 a.m. EST or so. Today I noticed it was very slow at different times late morning. Seems OK now approx. 6:30 p.m. EST.

AP/vic

sikwan

06 Tin Can
It should be okay now. We had some problems with the MySQL server. Of course the host is quick to blame us for the increase in queries. Please let me know if otherwise.

I changed some things for the search utility. I think it was slowing things down a bit when there were a lot of people online. We'll see as the days progress.

Things changed:
- 2 character to 3 character minimum search.
- 30 second time interval between searches.

I'd like to get rid of the 30 second interval as I hate waiting to search, but we'll see what happens whether the above fixes things.

avid

Saphira's rider
I'd like to get rid of the 30 second interval as I hate waiting to search, but we'll see what happens whether the above fixes things.
Seek,

Thirty seconds is kind of long. How about 10 seconds? :idunno:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Since March last year
From Firefox
Telstra Australia says the speed on the server is fluctuating and the cause of crashing or strings failing to merge time out.
null screen capture 2009-12-29-19-42-53 (Custom).jpg

Seek,
Still a bit slow this morning 8:15 a.m. EST. Not as bad as other days though.

I posted and then deleted the following because I thought you'd cured the problem.

Using the "first check the last stuff done" method, could it have anything to do with your relatively recent video parsing work? AP/vic

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Seek,
Still a bit slow this morning 8:15 a.m. EST. Not as bad as other days though.

I posted and then deleted the following because I thought you'd cured the problem.

Using the "first check the last stuff done" method, could it have anything to do with your relatively recent video parsing work? AP/vic
not that anyone is listening,as this has come up before.
From Telstra Australia there are three dedicated servers for the server resulting in series of string failures to merge under load.three times per day.Time outs and or freezing of forum link.
To merge on A video and third party plug-ins are timing out due to the servers inability to maintain speed under peak loadings times.
There is malware on Google strings.showing.
Firefox reports the broken website to admin.
It's been consistent since the changeover to the new server.
I have another forum similar to this one, but with both the old format of U tube that has both options including paraphrasing.
and 15 other video formats with huge pictorial archives, no problems.
I have experimented with low resolution photos down to less than 30kb I'm still getting the same issues at certain times as of this moment there are slow responses as if there is a software function not correctly.
Time 1.116AM AEST approx 6.16A M LA time yesterday It's slow to react now:smilewink:
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Anything is possible. When I disable/enable it, it had no affect on the speed. I'll keep checking it though.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Looks like the SprinterBox that's found above is causing the slowdown. Turning it off for now as no one seems to be using it as a chatbox. May even delete entirely.

Top Bottom