Suggestions and Results for Reset Assyst

bikergar

March

I think you are the first outside the US to post of success. When you get a chance would you mind describing your screens or comparing them to the US views.

Thanks
gary

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
March

I think you are the first outside the US to post of success. When you get a chance would you mind describing your screens or comparing them to the US views.

Thanks
gary
March:

Pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures!!!!!

Please :)

march

sprinter oil reset 032.JPG

sprinter oil reset 034.JPG

sprinter oil reset 035.JPG

sprinter oil reset 036.JPG

sprinter oil reset 037.JPGOK here is what I saw when resetting per the procedure. There are 32 pics so I'll keep sending posts till done.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
March,

Thank you very, very much for taking the time and expending the effort to post all those pictures. It really helped me get my head around what's happening, what you guys are seeing.

If anyone's curious, there's no way to access any of that data with StarMOBILE or WiTECH. Specifically, the dealership tools at Chrysler shops can not "inform" the Sprinter about the type of oil that was just introduced (which, if I'm reading it right, these menus seem to do that).

-Jon

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
Alright: did some poking around with the scan tool and the reset displays, here are the 2 things found:
The first "A" set of numbers is the software number of the Cluster (CCN) the 2nd set of "A" numbers is the hardware numbers of the cluster (CCN). I will keep poking around as time permits

Carl

I own a mercedes SDS & was finally able to reset my service counter,my vehicle has steering wheel buttons,I guess my last factory update for the SDS changed something to allow instrument cluster entry for a reset.
I was not looking forward to going to the Chrysler Dealer.Since the closest dealer is 50 miles away.
Let me hang out the victory flag !!!

tootall424

I have a 2008 NCV3 and I just did my 20k oil and fuel filter change. I tried putting the key in position 2 and held the 0 button on the dash for over a minute with no response....what am I doing wrong?

kmessinger

Make sure you are in position 2 - that is where all the warning lights come on and go off. You should have your normal screen showing, the one with mileage.

Hold the O button for approximately 30-45 seconds . . . you will hear a beep and the hidden program will be revealed.

Regards,

Keith

bikergar

I own a mercedes SDS & was finally able to reset my service counter,my vehicle has steering wheel buttons,I guess my last factory update for the SDS changed something to allow instrument cluster entry for a reset.
I was not looking forward to going to the Chrysler Dealer.Since the closest dealer is 50 miles away.
Let me hang out the victory flag !!!
RS Bliss

If you are saying you can reset using the steering wheel buttons only please post the steps you took to get there.

gary

The only way I am able to reset my service indicator is with the Mercedes Benz SDS computer,I have tried & failed many times to reset the service indicator with the instrument cluster buttons.
My vehicle is equiped with the steering wheel buttons.

ben322

2009 Airstream Interstate built on a 2008 Sprinter Chassis w/steering wheel buttons.

Here is the procedure I use for my 2006 Mercedes E320 CDI. My understanding is that it also works for MY '07 and possibly '08.

Please Note: I have not tried this on my Sprinter as I only have 4K on it now.

- Switch ignition on (position one);
- Outside temperature display;
- Press the trip odometer reset knob three times consecutively (Voltage display appears);
- Select the Service menu with the + or – button;
- Service indicator displays items;
- Press the menu systems button until the outside temperature display appears

bikergar

Give thanks to HappyFamilyVan for this high end dash reset procedure :clapping: :thumbup:. To my knowledge it has not been tried...Procede with caution. Please report back.

gary

Hope this works for those w/Steering wheel buttons...I got the highline Menu to appear...but have not tried the resetting yet...had to put kids to bed

High line cluster Workshop Menu access
–Ignition “on”
–Arrow button up until “Service scope in XXX”appears
–Press “O”button on IC and hold, release after the beep
–Press lower left steering wheel button “Menu back”once
Lots of neat stuff here...have no idea what it means...but I can guess some things...

Resetting after service
–Select “Service scope in XXX”with arrow buttons
–Press “O”button on IC, menu “To be carried out appears
–Select “Full service”using + and –buttons
–Confirm with upward arrow (used as enter button)
–“Oil Type”menu appears:
•Select 229.51
•Confirm with upward arrow button
–Press “O”button on IC for 3

donblume

How do I know if I have ASSYST?

I have a mfg. July 2008 Sprinter with 3,200 miles, No steering wheel buttons and not yet in need of my first oil change. I do wish to know the re-set proceedure when I do this. I have read the entire threads on it and the thread of Reset Results. I noticed in a thread from Bikergar the following:
1. Put the key in the ignition and switch it on without starting the engine. (Would this mean position 1 0r 2?)
2. The ASSYST mileage will show, when the mileage shown returns to the vehicle mileage, hold the O button ........

I do not see the "Assyst" mileage just the actual mileage, however I did not press any buttons. Does this tell me anything?

Assuming that I do not have "Assyst", how can I reset my mileage at oil change?

Just a Newby, Don in AZ

Top Bottom