Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Dealer and Supplier List > Regional Locations > USA > California

View Poll Results: Rating
Excellent 8 61.54%
Good 3 23.08%
Average 0 0%
Fair 0 0%
Poor 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll | Withdraw Vote

Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #21
Graphite Dave
Dave Orton

Thanked 4,925 Times in 2,785 Posts
Default Re: Rocklin, Rocklin, California (Dealership)

I may be biased since I won the grand prize of a $2500.00 gift certificate at the open house. I spent it on the 30,000 mile service plus some other stuff. Not many people there at my social level. Mostly high style customers with their cell phones stuck to their ear trying to act important. The highlight of the dealership is the parts man Greg who is very helpful and friendly.

Web Site: http://ortontransit.info

U-Tube Video: https://youtu.be/h5L6TZdy_y0
Graphite Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #22
wildimaginations
Wild Imaginations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite Dave View Post
I may be biased since I won the grand prize of a $2500.00 gift certificate at the open house. I spent it on the 30,000 mile service plus some other stuff. Not many people there at my social level. Mostly high style customers with their cell phones stuck to their ear trying to act important. The highlight of the dealership is the parts man Greg who is very helpful and friendly.
You were very lucky to get that gift certificate. I haven't gone back since but I did thoroughly enjoy the camaraderie of it all.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #23
slem

I was not bared from talking to the service Technician.
THAT GOT MY VOTE!
slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #24
flman
Triggering Snowflakes

Thanked 5,603 Times in 4,353 Posts

Pretty waitresses too

flman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #25
avid
Saphira's rider

Rocklin has a new service advisor whose name is Wayne Schmid. Wayne is very knowledgeable and a real stand up guy. He is a valuable addition to the Rocklin Service team.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #26
israndy
2007 LTV Serenity

Default Re: My 20K service at Rocklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
Our Sprinter rides and sounds better than it ever has. The low end rumble is gone and the handling has improved as well.  Greg, the Customer Service parts manager called today and said that MB-Parts Technical won't approve the dealership putting in the low seat base on my particular version of the T1N.  They provided me with the phone number of a Sacramento based upfitter that does Mercedes work and said to give them a call.  
Wait, what? The low end rumble can be fixed by the dealership? I thought that was only something you needed the kit from Dr.A that messed with the efficiency so I never did it. What did they do to fix it? Who was the upfitter that you can get low seat bases from? My wife is going crazy up high in the sky, dangling her feet.

-Randy
israndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 AM   #27
avid
Saphira's rider

Some rigs rumble is improved by having the correct amount of transmission fluid. Seek had a whole thread about this IIRC.

I still haven't connected with the low seat base. Then again I haven't tried real hard. MB Germany refused a request through Rocklin to sell me the base without a certified upfitter to do the install. I am still convinced that Airstreams West Coast service center in LA could handle this but I haven't followed up.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #28
jzf0fk

Hi all

I am going this weekend to the Rocklin dealership to get my key "activated". I bought the Sprinter in Southern Calif but the dealer only had one key. He sent the 2nd key so I need to make the trip to Rocklin to get it setup.

BTW, is this something I can do or should I go through the dealer? The dealer in Southern Cali said that he will reimburse me. The quote for this service is $170...

I will report back on my experience.

Richard
jzf0fk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:53 PM   #29
sikwan
06 T1N Can

Thanked 1,860 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzf0fk View Post
BTW, is this something I can do or should I go through the dealer? The dealer in Southern Cali said that he will reimburse me. The quote for this service is $170...
You can try this if you like...

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2701

Otherwise, you can go through the reimburse method that you stated above.
sikwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #30
Sacto John

I had great experience the first time I had to deal with Rocklin Mercedes, this time around not so much.

I decided to get my Van's 60,000 mile service taken care of at the dealership. I have been taking care of all the oil/filter changes my self since I bought the van 2years and 50,000 miles ago. My van needed to have the break fluid changed and also have the radiator flushed,two things I was not looking forward to doing on my own. My wife and I decided that it would be a good idea to bite the bullet and pay the money to have my van given a good once over and have a the premium service done.

I made an appointment for last Saturday and got the van in first thing in the morning, Brandon, my service ad visor, told me the service would take all day and gave me a loner car so I would not have to sit at the dealership, which I greatly appreciated.

The problem came when I went to pick up my van. I got to the dealership at 4:30 (the service dept. closes at 5:00) Brandon told me they were just finishing up my van. After the finalized the work and washed the van I was on my way at about 5:30. I was not even a mile out of the service bay when my High Oil warning came on. I turned right around and went back to the service center but everyone was already gone. The very nice lady at at the customer service/cashiers desk called Brandon and let him know the problem. He said I shouldn't worry about and go ahead and drive it, and that if I had a problem to bring it back and they would correct it. While I am not opposed to getting under my van and letting a little oil out myself I was a little upset that the service was not done correctly, especially at the premium price I just had paid. My wife and I were hosting a dinner party and I was already late so I drove the 15 minutes home with the high oil light on.

When I got home I decided to look at the service receipt to see exactly how much extra oil they might have put in the van. I assumed they put in 10 quarts as that seems to be the general screw up when too much oil is added. To my surprise the service receipt showed I was charged for 13(!!!) quarts of oil, needles to say I was pissed.

I call the dealership and spoke to the same helpful lady (Britney, I think) at the customer service desk how contacted Brandon and then called me right back to arrange some sort of fix for the van. She arranged for me to bring the van in on Sunday and pick up a loner car so I could get to work on Monday while they corrected the problem.

I picked up my van on Monday and Brandon apologized for the screw up. He told me that there was just over 10 quarts of oil in the van, and does not know why my service receipt showed 13 quarts. This explanation made me even more pissed, being that I was in a hurry (I picked up the van on my lunch hour) I could not have a more detailed conversation with him.

Here is my problem. Either Brandon lied to cover up an incompetent service tech when he told me that there was just over 10 quarts of oil in the van, or Mercedes of Rocklin is in the habit of overcharging their costumers on service items like oil. It is a possibility that it was a one time mistake, but no one ever offed to refund me any money for what I was overcharged.

I will give the dealership credit where credit is due. The customer service department was very good> Britney was very quick to make phone calls for me to fix the problem. The van was fixed in a timely manner and I was provided a loner car both while my van was serviced and while they corrected their screw up.

Sorry for the long post but I am still a little bit upset over they way my van was serviced.