Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > NCV3 Sprinters > NCV3 Talk

NCV3 Talk General Discussions related to NCV3 Sprinters.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 AM   #101
treadmill

Default Re: Suggestions and Results for Reset Assyst

I tried this method and it seemed to work. It reset the service b maint. schedule to 10,000 miles instead of service A but it is not decending at all. I had the system assyist reset once at a Mercedes dealership and the mechanic did it with the door open.
treadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #102
kendall69

The biggest mistake people make is NOT turning the key to ON. ON is the second click NOT the first click of the key.

Took me 4 years and blue thumbs to figure that one out.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #103
jdcaples
Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall69 View Post
The biggest mistake people make is NOT turning the key to ON. ON is the second click NOT the first click of the key.

Took me 4 years and blue thumbs to figure that one out.
On is "glow plug lamp is illuminated," yes?

If so, yeah. I have blue thumbs from that position too. I'm starting to think it's my instrument cluster (factory original still in place).

-Jon

US Tech info: http://www.sprintertekinfo.com
US Parts info: http://epc.startekinfo.com (Subscribe to world passenger car and light transport)

Americans may learn to use MB technical resources and parts information here:
http://www.sprintertekinfo.com/epcdemo/start.swf
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #104
MITBeta

I have been able to reset my 2007 Sprinter twice by following the procedure repeated here many times. However, when I reset a one wrench indicator today, I expected it to become a 2 wrench indicator for the next service. Isn't that what is supposed to happen? I used the .51 screen to do the reset. Must I reset something else also?
MITBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #105
jdcaples
Not Suitable w/220v Gen

Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITBeta View Post
I have been able to reset my 2007 Sprinter twice by following the procedure repeated here many times. However, when I reset a one wrench indicator today, I expected it to become a 2 wrench indicator for the next service. Isn't that what is supposed to happen? I used the .51 screen to do the reset. Must I reset something else also?
For 2007, the cycle is
  • One Wrench
  • One Wrench
  • Two Wrenches
  • One Wrench
  • One Wrench
  • Two Wrenches
[and so on....]

US Tech info: http://www.sprintertekinfo.com
US Parts info: http://epc.startekinfo.com (Subscribe to world passenger car and light transport)

Americans may learn to use MB technical resources and parts information here:
http://www.sprintertekinfo.com/epcdemo/start.swf
jdcaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #106
two street cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebear View Post
Treadmill, try this to reset your Maintenance reminder:

Just note that MY 2008 2500 does NOT say "service scope in XXX miles/kms".......It says "service due in XXX miles/km" and mine resets with the drivers door closed.

Reset Assyst, steering wheel with buttons.

1.) Switch on ignition. The total kilometers (miles?) must be displayed in order to reach the "service scope x in xxx km" menu. Should the total kilometers not be shown in the display, press the system selection button in the lower control panel (S111s3) until the total kilometers are displayed.

2.) Press the upper control panel on the scroll forward/back button (S111s1) several times until "service scope x in xxx km" appears in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster.

3.) Press button 0 (lower left) on the instrument cluster for approx. 30 seconds until a beep sounds.

4.) Press the lower control panel of the system selection button (S111s3) once.

5.) Press the upper control panel of the scroll forward and back button (S111s1) until "Service in xxx km" appears in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster.

6.) Press button 0 on the instrument cluster. The menu "Carry out" appears in the multifunction display.

7.) Press the upper control panel on the scroll forward and back button (S111s1). The selection menu "Oil types" appears in the display.

8.) Press the upper control panel on the button + and - (S110s1) repeatedly until the desired oil type is marked in the display.

9.) Select mark oil type with the upper control panel of the scroll forward and backward button (S111s1).

10.) Press button 0 on the instrument cluster for approx. 3 seconds until the display "Service confirmed" appears in the multifunction display.

11.) Press the upper control panel of the scroll forward and back button (S111s1). The newly adjusted service scope appears in the display.

GOOD LUck and make sure you come back and leave a message if it works or not.
Just tried this today and can confirm that it works for a 2011 with steering wheel buttons.

Thanks
two street cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #107
MITBeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcaples View Post
For 2007, the cycle is
  • One Wrench
  • One Wrench
  • Two Wrenches
  • One Wrench
  • One Wrench
  • Two Wrenches
[and so on....]
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!
MITBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #108
Eastbayview
2012 Unity MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
I just discovered how to re-set my assyst on my 2008 Sprinter by myself with no tools, etc. I have NO steering wheel buttons. 3.0 Diesel with 160,000 miles on it now.
Here is the procedure.
How to reset ASSYST on 2008+ Sprinter W/O steering wheel buttons

1. Doors shut, Turn key to on position.
2. Wait for reminder mileage to clear (few seconds)
3. Hold 0 button down until you hear beep.
4. Release 0, push M button repeatedly until see reset 51
5. Release M button Press 0 button(6 seconds)until #2 displayed
6. Press 0 again briefly & see reset message.
7 This resets for 10,000 miles

Thanks for listening, It's taken me 4 years to get this information. Hope you can use it.
Steve Jenner (jenner@flash.net)
I just tried this method on my 2011 3500 MB and it worked perfectly the first time.

Thanks for posting.

Gotta love the Internet!
Eastbayview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #109
AustinSprinterGuy
2003 NAFTA 2500 SHC OM612

I realize that it's not an NCV3 issue, but my 2003 is fitted with Assyst and if anyone lands here looking for how to reset their T1N service mileage counter, here you go:

2003 2500 SHC, engine's an OM612. I tried the method I found here and then this variation, which I found on Edmunds. Hope this helps someone. *Door must be closed.* FYI, the "000.0" button = "mi" button.

1. November, 2002 (2003 Model) month/year manufacture
2. No Steering wheel buttons
3. Service mileage over-age; dash was flashing -2900 with the two wrenches; had very recently changed oil and filter, but not reset Assyst
4. Here were the exact steps I took:

Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock and *immediately* press the button 000.0 twice within the space of one second

Turn the key to position 0 in the ignition lock

Press and hold button 000.0 Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock. Keep button 000.0
pressed

Service message with current remaining distance or remaining time appears

After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the service desplay with the new starting distance or starting time appears for about 10 seconds

Release button 000.0

5. Operation success. Monitor flashed "10,000" with a *single* wrench over it. I had to try a couple of times until I reached this result. I'm sure other people have had similar results, just sharing my findings.
AustinSprinterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #110
MIK3

I have a 2010 high line. Tried this process at my second service, worked perfectly. At next service I pushed the "0", got the beep, and input the next step incorrectly. I don't know if I arrowed up or down, or what. But since that I cant get the beep back. I'm about to do my 3rd service since and cant stand the service due warning.

I'm hoping that it will work, but I think I may have somehow locked the menu. Does anyone know anything about this?

MIke
MIK3 is offline   Reply With Quote