Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > General Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Nonrelated Sprinter things to say? This is the place to be (although certain threads that are politically or religiously charged will be moved to the DZ).
SubForums: Health The Funnies The Danger Zone

Old 06-24-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Norwest

Default One good thing about the Brexit

The Brits have taken hold of the Wanker torch from the USA and at least for a while can claim to be the stupidest people on the planet One good thing about this brilliant decision is that with the pound dropping like **** out of elephants arse the expensive Sprinter camping accessories only available from Britain have just become way more affordable. Enjoy your unemployment and economic ice age and kiss Scotland and Northern Ireland goodbye you wankers.....
Norwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,638 Posts
Default Re: One good thing about the Brexit

....and the main benefit goes to Russia. The googling panic in UK with the timing being a little off is a good sign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g-to-leave-it/

George.

https://goo.gl/photos/2NCR3teXLSwNYSwN8
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #3
pfflyer

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,249 Posts

Even though my investments took a temporary hit I am happy for one of our best allies. It will be tough but as long as they keep making stupid (according to you) moves they will prosper in the long run but what do I know I'm just a stupid American.
2016 Jayco Melbourne 24K Class C on 2015 Sprinter chassis
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:13 PM   #4
bladerunner

Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,526 Posts

Ponder:

Most of the world lives 'perfectly' well outside of the EU.

Britain has its own currency and its own central bank.

What's the big deal economically?

But it appears there are a lot of hoping chicken little's running around!
For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise. Benjamin Franklin

LET THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!:

Science - Here are the facts, now what conclusions can we draw from them?

Religion - Here are the conclusions, now what facts can we find to support them?
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:17 PM   #5
CJPJ
2008 3500 170"ext. 3.0 V6

Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,502 Posts
Thumbs up :One good thing about the Brexit

Brexit
Compairable too :hmmm .. :) It's like out growing the mass transit bus, and start driving their own Vehicle!

In charge of your their destination/destiny.

Two thumbs up!
CJPJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:22 PM   #6
bladerunner

Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
....and the main benefit goes to Russia. The googling panic in UK with the timing being a little off is a good sign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g-to-leave-it/

George.
Experts, dam experts and hysterical speculation!
For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise. Benjamin Franklin

LET THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!:

Science - Here are the facts, now what conclusions can we draw from them?

Religion - Here are the conclusions, now what facts can we find to support them?
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bladerunner For This Useful Post:
johnshmit (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 02:06 AM   #7
lindenengineering

Thanked 11,306 Times in 5,746 Posts

This is the result of political brinkmanship.
Before the last election an upstart called Nigel Farange and the UKIP put forward a manifesto based upon Brexit. This gained some popular traction with voters and not to be outdone Cameron and the Conservatives put forward equal manifesto statement which contained an intention to call a referendum should they be elected.

Elected they were and Cameron was on the hook to call for the Brexit referendum. He spent last year, and the run up to the vote trying to convince the population to "stay vote". He even made some a somewhat hollow agreement with the mandarins in Brussels for a better deal for Britain but it was a bit of a fizzle. The British public are more astute than that.

So what now!
Well I for one voted to join the Common Market a it was always known in 1975 after a referendum. That was a good idea to expand trade with the rest of Europe. What I didn't sign up for was a political union to for a quasi Federal Europe run by the Germans with the French on their coat tails!
Fast forward the writing was on the wall by feckless British Conservative politicians agreeing to the Maastrict Treaty. Really it was only a matter of time before there would be a peasants revolt! AND OUT !

As I see it 40 years have gone by! Britain was an integral part of the EU!
I see some foreboding signs and I for one am glad I now live here!
Moral!
Be careful of what you wish for even in jest or misguided actions to save face --it might just happen & that includes Mr Cameron and half the Tory Party!
Dennis
lindenengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:28 AM   #8
johnshmit

Thanked 1,281 Times in 883 Posts

Russia gets no benefits at all. It was a hope, that Russia will finally get rid of the deeply corrupt failed state of Ukraine, but now it is obviously won't happen and somebody will have to feed those 35 millions of hungry nazy.
johnshmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:43 AM   #9
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenengineering View Post
This is the result of political brinkmanship.
Before the last election an upstart called Nigel Farange and the UKIP put forward a manifesto based upon Brexit. This gained some popular traction with voters and not to be outdone Cameron and the Conservatives put forward equal manifesto statement which contained an intention to call a referendum should they be elected.

Elected they were and Cameron was on the hook to call for the Brexit referendum. He spent last year, and the run up to the vote trying to convince the population to "stay vote". He even made some a somewhat hollow agreement with the mandarins in Brussels for a better deal for Britain but it was a bit of a fizzle. The British public are more astute than that.

So what now!
Well I for one voted to join the Common Market a it was always known in 1975 after a referendum. That was a good idea to expand trade with the rest of Europe. What I didn't sign up for was a political union to for a quasi Federal Europe run by the Germans with the French on their coat tails!
Fast forward the writing was on the wall by feckless British Conservative politicians agreeing to the Maastrict Treaty. Really it was only a matter of time before there would be a peasants revolt! AND OUT !

As I see it 40 years have gone by! Britain was an integral part of the EU!
I see some foreboding signs and I for one am glad I now live here!
Moral!
Be careful of what you wish for even in jest or misguided actions to save face --it might just happen & that includes Mr Cameron and half the Tory Party!
Dennis
It Winston Churchill, active in both World Wars with 75M deaths, who talked about United States of Europe as means to prevent wars in Europe. With the exception of Yugoslavia EU was free of war since 1945. We tend to forget history, it was a long time ago.

George.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgeRa For This Useful Post:
autostaretx (06-25-2016), lindenengineering (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 02:46 AM   #10
GeorgeRa
2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnshmit View Post
Russia gets no benefits at all. It was a hope, that Russia will finally get rid of the deeply corrupt failed state of Ukraine, but now it is obviously won't happen and somebody will have to feed those 35 millions of hungry nazy.
The benefit for Russia is a likely potential for a quicker lifting of sanctions with EU being freer from US pressure. UK was the key vehicle for US coercing agenda on EU. There is a growing dissent in EU on economic sanctions against Russia as it was recently stated by the German FM Frank-Walter Steinmeier in St. Petersburg Economic Summit. Not only Russia is loosing due to sanctions, EU does as well.

George.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgeRa For This Useful Post:
johnshmit (06-25-2016), lindenengineering (06-25-2016)