Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:50 AM   #11
tiger108

Default Re: '06 Air Condition Troubles

So since I got her back in May from the last shop after getting cleared with no AC leaks, she has been blowing cold air. This is the longest I have had AC in her since I have owned her
Had an incident while on the road a few weeks ago with the harmonic balancer and removed the "disc of destruction" to get her home safely. Had to be away for a few weeks, and she has been sitting ~6 weeks.
Crawled underneath her tonight to check the bolt on the crankshaft pulley to ensure I order the correct kit from europarts sd and promptly noted a fluorescent liquid-ey goo on the belt. first thought was "sh*t now I have a coolant leak too." I traced it up and it appears to be coming from the AC compressor. I did a cursory check of the coolant components near the pulley and didn't see anything concerning. Could someone with more knowledgable eyes than mine please confirm this is indeed dye seeping from the AC compressor and it is time to replace it? is this the clutch/main shaft gland seal in the compressor that Dennis mentioned above?
This definitely was not visible 6 wks ago when I removed the disc of destruction.
Thanks y'all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5113.jpg (76.7 KB, 38 views)
tiger108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #12
tiger108

Default Re: '06 Air Condition Troubles

Good news! Did enough to research and sent a (better) photo to a friend to confirm my diagnosis is correct :) Now I'm off to read up on replacing the AC compressor. Thanks to everyone that contributes info on this forum, it is such a wealth of information!
tiger108 is offline   Reply With Quote