Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > T1N Sprinters > T1N Talk

T1N Talk General Discussions related to T1N Sprinters.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #131
ludster

Default Re: T21 Recall for OM647s - Recommended Dealerships

I just purchased a 2004 without the recall done. Got her smogged and received new plates 3 weeks ago.
ludster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #132
BooBoo
BooBooBuggy

I watched a youtube video for temp fix he turn key on off without start twice and the dash went out mine works with one . this is after the EGR replacement because it burnt up running the clean from the recall. would have cost me 2400 bucks ordered EGR amazon ! Love my Sprinter and this site !
BooBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #133
nut
59yo audio engineer

I did my T21 at Huntington Beach Dodge Ram Chrysler just last month.

They did a great job and were very attentive. I returned with some battery draw issues and they took care of me without a problem. They knew lots about T21 issues.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #134
marklg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
I watched a youtube video for temp fix he turn key on off without start twice and the dash went out mine works with one . this is after the EGR replacement because it burnt up running the clean from the recall. would have cost me 2400 bucks ordered EGR amazon ! Love my Sprinter and this site !
Can you elaborate on "the clean from the recall"? It is my understanding that if any issues that were undetected before the recall show up, they are supposed to fix them for free. There is a long list of fault codes that if they show up after the recall, they have to be fixed.

Regards,

Mark
marklg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:30 AM   #135
sinster

Do NOT go to DEPENDABLE DODGE in Chattsworth California for T21 recall. They flashed my ECU with a version of the software that doesn't talk OBD II over the K-line Pin 7 on DLC. So now I can not pass smog no matter what I do. I thought it was my ECU that was messed up, but when I cloned my software onto a used ECU, same problem would occur. So I had a programmer flash the software that came with the used ECU back onto it, and VOILA.. OBDII works over the K-Line. Of course I get the "start error", so now I have to get my immobilizer married to my ECU. Found a place online, Precision ECU in Chicago, that is going to do that for me for $300. What is amazing is that the dealership refuses to look at my vehicle again and says that they no longer service Dodge/Mercedes Sprinters and that I should take it to a Mercedes dealership. So like I said.. stay away from Depedable Dodge.. they suck and should change there name to Undependable Dodge.
sinster is offline   Reply With Quote