Who has a better camp site than me?

VanGoSki

I don't have my Sprinter yet, but can I play anyway? If not, let me know and I'll remove my post.

Here's our campsite on the edge of the Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.

Somewhere in the Serengeti. This old Land Rover was falling apart all around us. But it was our home for a month and never left us stranded.

We often attracted a crowd when we rolled into a village for supplies.

Making camp while an elephant stares you down can be a bit disconcerting.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
your pics bring back happy memories... no matter where I was in Kenya it seemed that within minutes a kid would appear and soon I was always surrounded by kids... lots of smiles and laughs !!!
those were the best moments in my time in the Peace Corps there...

glasseye

Your campsite and camper looks great, with or without visitors.
Never owned a Land Rover, but drove one a lot. Amazing machines.
And amazing pictures! :rad:

VanGoSki

your pics bring back happy memories... no matter where I was in Kenya it seemed that within minutes a kid would appear and soon I was always surrounded by kids... lots of smiles and laughs !!!
those were the best moments in my time in the Peace Corps there...
Thanks! What an amazing experience that must have been. Africa gets in your blood. I'm taking the whole family in June to Kenya. :thumbup:

Your campsite and camper looks great, with or without visitors.
Never owned a Land Rover, but drove one a lot. Amazing machines.
And amazing pictures! :rad:
Thanks very much. I checked out your website and wow. Excellent photography and story telling! :clapping:

Knit

Black Rock Desert BLM land Nevada. Simultaneous dust storm, rain, double rainbow at sunset

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Had to go around a few downed trees to reach Chimney Peak campground at 5600’ elevation in mid-March. Higher campgrounds that we usually visit were snowed in. Thought we were the only ones in the campground until a young German hiked into camp via the Pacific Crest Trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

derekhski

Might not be the most picturesque camp site, but totally meets the intended purpose and requirements of the little one. Fort Stevens State Park, Near to Astoria Oregon (It is wall to wall with some 500 sites). Had some wonderful skies on the way home in the farmlands between coastal range and outlying hamlets of Portland / Beaverton Oregon.

Attachments

OffroadHamster

Sometimes the 4WD doesnt cut it. You really need 2FD to get to the best camp sites. Bouncing around Mineral King...

Columbine Lake was still mostly frozen. Witnessed a huge piece of ice calve off the bowl below Sawtooth and thunder down to the lake. Completely spectacular

Last edited:

Jan M

All alone (except a lot of mosquitoes) at a hidden lake in the world heritage of "High Coast" in Sweden. Only room for one small RV. Parked 2 meters from the shore :D:

Attachments

MsNomer

Hatcher Pass, AK. That white stuff above the horizon is white mountains, not cloud.

Last edited:

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
Hatcher Pass, AK. That white stuff above the horizon is white mountains, not cloud.

I'm guessing you're up at one of the little lakes above the road/pass...
Back in 75 I flew my hang glider from the other side of the lake and down into the Willow Creek side at the bottom....
On the Palmer side of the Pass they've wanted to build a Ski Resort for years...
State Parks has done a great job with the Mine as a historical site...

Top Bottom