Serenity Table Gas Spring?

Cobalt

Just bought a 2011 Serenity. The table no longer stays in the top elevated position. It’s a real struggle to pull it up into place manually. Once up on top position I can lock it in place with the lock lever on each telescoping leg and then using a 13mm wrench I can tighten the nut on the opposite end of the lever bolt to create more friction. But then top leg portion won’t rotate and the table is locked in place.

There must be a gas spring in the telescopic leg that allows to stay at the top position. Similar to an office chair or barstool. Can you tell what brand and model number it is?

I found this one on ebay but not sure if it is the right one. Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gas-Lift-C...hash=item23bae11a13:m:mkgl8RpU6mFtvTN2zokh28A

Attachments

CB1945

Rather than tightening the 13mm bolt after you lock, try tightening the bolt in small increments, draw in the lock, see if it holds. If not, repeat until you reach a point where the lock holds. Sounds like you may be overtightening.

Cobalt

Thanks. I ride road bicycles and it is the same principle as quick-release skewers to keep the wheels on the bike. So i agree with you. I tried that first and when I did you can literally watch the table drop. And the resistance pulling it back up is likely the piston in the gas spring has no gas to push back up. So something is quite wonky!

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Did you buy privately or from a dealer? if from a dealer then ask them to fix it (and the problem with your horn).

Keith.

Cobalt

Thanks. I called LTV on Monday and talked with Steve. I asked a list of questions including the table. I have not heard back yet but I'm sure he's very busy.

Top Bottom